Sunday, August 23

Mini-break


No, not from blogging world, but we're off on a mini-driving holiday on Thursday.. can't wait. We're headed to the Ballina/Byron area with stop overs to break up the driving each way in Port MacQuarie.

So now being frugal, and organised I'm looking at making some snacks/treats for the drive (we'll be driving about 24 hours in total there and back sparing side-trips) and we're staying in an apartment our first night, so I want to make a dinner to freeze that will defrost in the car on the way up too.. so I'm on the hunt for some new recipes...  I'll also be planning some games/activities for the road trips too.

The weather's warmer as we head up north, I'm looking forward to that.  I'm just looking forward to good times with family and friends (hubby's cousin and family, my aunt, one of our groomsmen and his family)
Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on August 23, 2009 at 4:46 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wow - have a fabulous time. Must say, I always enjoy heading north to Byron. Enjoy xx

Alycia on August 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lovely! Do have fun!

Katy on August 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love road trips!! Have a ball! Wave when you go past the Tuggerah/Entrance turn off on the freeway :D

Have a fabulous trip.

BabyMac on August 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oooh have fun! I love me a road trip!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015