Tuesday, August 4

Mis-used, Un-used or useless?


I'm a kitchen gadget queen... however I am currently coveting a cherry/olive pitter - every time I pit either I swear I'm going to buy one!

Then there's other kitchen gadgets which I do use on occasion but curse myself for keeping as they are clutter in my utensils drawer...

Which ones are they?
Butter Curler - Yes I love it, it makes fancy curly soft cheese and butter.













Another - Fizz keeper - I've had these for years.  Never use them, should chuck 'em.













Then there's the Tupperware Melon Baller... who DOESN'T have one of these?


















So what's yours?  Most mis-used, un-used or useless kitchen gadget?
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 4, 2009 at 10:07 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am the queen of useless gadgets. My groaning top drawer is evidence of that. Zesters are my #1 useless thing, as I have had bad luck with all zesters not working! Even good brands like Oxo-my zester only works on 2 out of the 5 holes. :(

Your butter shaper wins though although a part of me wants that too :P

Liss on August 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I kid you not lorraine the best zester I've found yet is this little tupperware baby - you can juice with it too and it comes with a lid - under $20 too!
I love mine - lifetime guarantee too! (The pointy bit just lifts off the top and reveals the zester)

http://www.tupperware.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/AUS/website/productgallery/productcollections/bakebasics/bake2basics+citrus+wonder

Penelope on August 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I wantto use my Tupperware melon baller to make mini candy apples! Ball the apples, stick on small lollipop sticks, dip in white choc or melted caramel, then in nuts or sprinkles. Very cute.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015