Saturday, April 25

Peach Jam - made in the microwave!



Honestly, this jam-making business is MUCH easier than I thought. In fact, I don't think I'll be buying it anymore. It tastes soooooooo good. I mean REALLLLY good.
I'm going to try this recipe halved with strawberries too.
Ingredients:
1kg Peaches ( stems and seeds removed)
1 lemon
3 cups sugar

Method:

  • Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into large microwave cookware bowl (pyrex, corningware - I used tupperware stack cooker - the large bowl). Take out the seeds, put the rinds whole in the bowl.
  • Chop up Peaches (I left skin on) , add to lemon
  • Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stir at 3 minute mark.
  • Add sugar and combine thoroughly
  • Microwave on high for 20 minutes, stirring at each 5 minute mark.
  • Pour into sterilised jars (basically wash, rinse and boil them for 10 mins, then dry in 110deg oven for 15 mins)
I've labelled mine 'Peach Jam' 'Made with love by Liss'
Not much washing up either! Bonus

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Shell on May 10, 2009 at 10:55 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Just made this with plums... mmmmmm best Jam EVER!

Krysbrem on May 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hey Liss any ideas whether you could use frozen berries??? Kaleb loves Raspberries and obviously wrong season so expensive but will possibly be cheaper to make than buy...

Ideas??

Also you need to have a questions of the week me thinks, everything preserve relating

Liss on May 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I just had Kat call me about he same thing!

Yes, I would defrost the berries just put on high for 2 mins with the lemon juice, add the sugar (450g to 500g of berries) and microwave in bursts of 4 minutes, stirring well between bursts.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015