Friday, April 17

Open wide....


Come Inside.... I love playschool, I loved it as a kid and I love watching it with my kids today. I used to watch it with my sisters too. I still know most of the songs and it never fails to deliver something educational for the kids and fun loving for the mums and dads. It's also wonderful that a fond childhood experience can also be experienced and shared with your own children.

My days of kids tv was strictly Humphrey, Romper Room, Playschool, the Super Fun Flying Show with Marty and Emu and Hey-hey it's Saturday. as I grew older it was Brady Bunch and Little House on the Prarie. I got a giggle finding this - a TV schedule for March 1977.
I remember watching playschool at school in kindy. Those days is was Benita and John Hamblin, John Waters and Lorraine Bayly! There was Big Ted, Little Ted, Jemima, Hanbal (I always thought it was an odd name 'handball') Diddle and Humpty.. None of the politically correct dolls, Patch the Dog or the pig-whatever-his-name-is-slush?

John Hamblin was my absolute fave, and my Mum's from memory - he always had some inuendo going on for the parents and a bit of a mischievous streak, I'm sure he used to give the directors and producers a headache, hehe.

When we went to Playschool concert about 2 years ago, Benita was one of our presenters. I think my husband and I were much more excited about the concert than the kids! Still so attached to our childhood...

I'm sure when we don't actually watch it, lots of Mums everywhere are having their breakfast in peace, having a shower or even getting some housework done or checking their emails. Bless Playschool, may it never, ever leave our screens.

Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Shell said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have a Play school video that was given to me... you have no idea how excited I was when I popped it on for Miss C and Benita and John were presenting it!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015