Tuesday, April 28

Whatever happened to....the smurfs?



La-la-le-la-la-la...

The smurfs conjure up many memories for me. They first came into Australia in the early 80's and I remember collecting them, I had the figurines, the drink bottle, stickers on my lunchbox, the pencil case.. oh my I think I just wanted to be blue. Remember the iceblocks? I wish they would bring those back, they were yummy.

In hindsight, was Smurfette a smurfing concubine? Only one woman and all those boys? Was Papa Smurf the pimp? Oh my.

Also our Maths Master at high-school looked alarmingly like Papa Smurf, and you would regularly hear a chorus of la-la-le-le-la-la... going on in a hum, whistle or cheeky rendition throughout the maths room hallways....
C'mon Fess up - have you got some blue make-up, figurine, smurf blow-up-doll hiding somewhere in your closet?..???

Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015