Wednesday, April 29

Potatoes with a twist...


With my seasonal challenge going on I'm trying to use fresh lemons more and more. I've started having lemon water - as I'm not a huge water drinker but I should be, so to disguise the taste or non-taste of water, I'm lemon-ing it.

Another thing I've been doing lately is putting lemon in my potatoes. YES. My potatoes. I cut them in slices (skins on) and steam them until their slightly soft.. then transfer to baking dish, sprinkle on some olive oil, bruise and de-leaf a stick of thyme. (from my herb garden)Then I cut a lemon in half (I use the Meyer lemons, they have a thick-ish bright yellow skin) peel off the skin with a potato peeler. Add to potatoes....... then squeeze the juice out that lemon add some whole garlic cloves then give the whole concoction a good combine.


Put in the oven for about 1/2 hour. it all goes a bit crispy and the lemon zest infuses everything - yumm...
We have some potted meyer lemons, that hubby got from my Nan for his birthday this year, they've started to fruit, can't wait 'til they grow! We'll have our own lemons before long!

Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Shell on April 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Lemon tree is definitely on my wish list once we get our garden happening... might pick up an extra couple at the farm shop this week to try those potatoes - they sound yum


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015