Wednesday, February 10

Seriously I can't be the only one?



Who thinks Valentines' day is a crock?

Don't get me wrong, I love my hubby dearly, and he would probably do valentines if it was important to me, but I just do.not.get.it.

When I was single I remember having an anti-valentines' day party - for all those who either didn't get it either.  There were a lot of people there (including my hubby!)

Whilst we were engaged, hubby bought me a card as a stir, it was more of a joke than anything else, then came the piss-take of finding the soppiest most revolting e-cards to send me too.  My hubby has a great sense of humour!

So those of you who observe, is it a validation thing?  Is it just a good excuse for some loving?
Those of you that don't - why not?  Here's some anti valentines day cards for you to circulate


Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Jaime on February 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's a massive crock for me and my husband. I'm glad about that too, because I'd rather spend all that money on... well anything else really.

PinkPatentMaryJanes on February 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

See, normally I'm happy for any excuse for a bunch of flowers, but having worked in my aunt's florist as a teen and spending hours de-thorning red roses, wrapping their stems in green tape {!}, putting on a few drops of rose oil, putting them in an individual canister and selling them for $7 a pop {when at the time a whole bunch would sell for that price on any other day...} my inner cynic would come out.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hello there luv!!! i remember pre kids working in the office and it was like a contest amongst the girls as to how many or how big the flowers were that were delivered to reception. And you would feel like a loser if you didnt get anything!! not good if you didnt receive any :( i'm against it! frugalmama xx

Danielle on February 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Another one definitely not into Valentines Day, never really have been. DH does the random bunch of flowers some years, but that's about it. I think I still have the card that I meant to give him on our first Valentines Day 10 years ago...then thought meh!

This years Valentines Day plans....I'm going to a Planet Cake course, and he is going on a Charity Motorbike ride with his dad!!

Jamie on February 10, 2010 at 4:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

For the first time, after almost 21 years of marriage to my Pammy, I'm doing something with her on Valentine's Day, Feb 14. That's right. Yum Cha. It's Chinese New Year on Feb 14, too, and I wouldn't miss those noisy dragon dancers in Chinatown for anything!

Quixotic on February 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh AMEN!!!!! I never got Valentine's either, and my hubby and I regularly go to seperate anti-Valentine's parties on Valentine's Day! (that's not weird, right?? *snigger*)
Think I will have fun with the anti-cards! ;o)

Katy on February 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I think it's lost it's meaning with the commercial aspect of it! My husband says he's rather tell me and show me how much he loves me on every other day of the year instead!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015