Friday, November 26

Gingerbread house 2010 - Mark 1


Hello!

Friday afternoon has arrived - and I hope you're all winding down already or at least thinking about it!  We're ramping up because tomorrow is our big garage sale but hopefully tomorrow afternoon we'll have a lot less stuff to store and a little bit more cash - wish us luck!

Last night I had a relaxing night doing some Gingerbread House decorating with Corrie - we chatted, iced, (she) breastfed and made our adornments for the houses.  I wanted to be a bit minimalist after last year but I'm not sure if I went too minimalist - it's an all or nothing kind of thing - it's hard to know when to stop adding lollies!

I did get a lot of compliments on my roof on the night which I used some left over ready-to-roll icing along with the gorgeous cookie cutter - yes, the very one I'm giving away 10 of this week (along with a candy cane one) - it was fun.

Here's our pics!

Works in progress (Corrie's on the right)

 Ze roof, I love it!  I covered it with edible glitter ($3.20 from Inspired by Chocolate)
so it glistens in the light - can just see it glowing next to the Christmas tree!

And the front door - made with icing with fruit ring and cachous.

Front view

 Hello little snowman (with a wonky eye)

Rear view (marshmallow tree and snowman) Shim pen detail between window, on scarf and eyes 

All wrapped up and ready to go (mine  on left, Corries on the right)

Print this post in friendly format

10 lovely comments:

Corrie on November 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

thanks for coming it was soooo much fun! I had a ball and can't wait to do it again!

I love your house and was telling the playgroup mums at church today how impressive your roof was!

corrie;)

Gingerbread Folk on November 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

awesomely gorgeous! loving the snowflakes!

comments courtesy for your gingerbread house kit supplier
GINGERBREAD FOLK
www.gingerbreadfolk.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gingerbread-Folk/160224790685785

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Those are fantastic, my kids make some every year. Every year I scrape royal icing off the floor and mutter never again but still I do it! I think it's the giggles.

M

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on November 27, 2010 at 6:48 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

You did well Liss! x

Christie - Childhood 101 on November 27, 2010 at 10:35 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It looks great! Now where do I get the house from???

greenfumb on November 27, 2010 at 4:12 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ooh pick me for a cookie cutter, my daughter wants to do a gingerbread house this year and we would love to have one of those.

Can you make the gingerbread yourself or is it much better to get a kit do you think?

Gingerbread Folk on November 27, 2010 at 5:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

check out GINGERBREAD FOLK for stockists of the gingerbread house kits http://www.gingerbreadfolk.com.au/stockists.htm for stockists

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on November 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

They're brilliant, both of them! And very clever using the snowflake cutters :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love them both. Well done. I want to make one!

Candice on November 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

They look fantastic!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Im going to try make one of these & if its good enough wrap it up & give as a prezzie!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015