Tuesday, November 9

Come have a cuppa with.... Christie from Home Grown!



Hello friends!

Today we're having a chat in the kitchen of Christie from Home Grown.  Christie amazes me with the way she re-purposes things - recently a mans shirt into almost a whole outfit for her son - and no staples, masking tape or funky fringes - it looks like a bought one!  Check it out here.


How do you take your tea of coffee?
I'm one of those fickle types that likes both tea and coffee and I have them just with milk.

Who taught you how to cook?
I would have to credit the internet.

Do you remember the first thing you cooked?  What was it?
I remember cooking those packet cakes where you just add  water and the egg as a child.  I did not come from a cooking background.

How would you describe your kitchen?
We are renting and I do not have a love affair with this kitchen, I often refer to it as my "pretend kitchen" as I don't find it functional at all.  It's still one of my favourite places to be though!

What's your favourite appliance/thing in your kitchen?
I love my magnetic knife holder, all my knives sparkling on the wall, waiting for me to use.  It's so convenient.

The most frequently listed item on your shopping list .. any particular reason?
Milk and bananas

Your favourite quick fix meal?
Lemon Salmon Pasta

The most requested meal of your kitchen?
Carbonara

Do you listen to music when you cook?  If you do, what do you like to listen to?
I don't, there are usually too many people trying to talk to me!

Favourite cookbook ?
Great Australian Country Cookbook by Mary Blackie is my current favourite.



Thank you Christie from being in come have a cuppa!
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Christie on November 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Frilled to be here! Thanks for having me Liss xx

Kim on November 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Heeey, I know you! <3

Diminishing Lucy on November 9, 2010 at 10:39 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Christy, how lovely to see you here. You are gorgeous. xx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015