Saturday, November 13

A girls dream


I have had one of those days that so far  you'd write down as your perfect day.   I'm really sitting back and marveling at this wonderful day.   A day that pre-kids would have been a good day but not spectacular.

To a busy Mum who doesn't take time for herself, although she knows she should.... To a Mum who has felt a little overwhelmed and overwrought of late..  To a Mum who knows the rest of this year is filled with appointments, commitments and  to-do-lists longer than Santa's...

This day has been spectacular.

  • First of all I got a sleep in.. until 7.50am
  • Then I went to the hairdressers.  A decent hairdressers.  A hairdresser that didn't have me crying and inhaling lindt (like last time) It was a wonderful time, friendly and professional, settling and with an excellent result.  They needed to do a LOT of correcting, not only to the colour (oh my the colour) but to the cut which apparently was very uneven and lop-sided!  Annnnyway..I've gone a bit darker than usual but you know, sometimes you just want your hair healthy - and now it looks and feels healthy.
  • I got some further pampering with an eyelash tint (hello eyelashes, wondered where you were!) and eyebrow wax and tint.  
  • Then it was onto the shopping! I've replaced my holey 7 year old Tevas with some $15 ipanemas.   Bargain and so comfy..
  • I bought some Colorado sandals... in red of course.
  • I got a summer sheer dress cardigan reduced from $89 to $39!
  • I found the advent calendar I'd been hunting high and low for three years today - ON SALE.  
  • Then lastly my coveted handbag which I just refused to pay $800 for 2 years ago was in a mall hairdressing salon (OK well a replica but hey) for $60.  I didn't buy it, but I'm going back tomorrow.


The retail and shopping gods were on my side today.

How was your day?
Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Corrie on November 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yep that sounds like a great day finished with a champagne and dinner you didn't cook of course!

PinkPatentMaryJanes on November 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Bliss? I think so! Well-deserved? Absolutely xx

Christie - Childhood 101 on November 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sounds DIVINE!!! I would have been happy just with the sleep in but the pampering and shopping too... pure bliss!

Marina on November 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sounds like your shopping fairies were on steroids today! Hope tomorrow is even better :)

Belinda on November 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a fantastic day. You deserve it gorgeous one. X


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015