Monday, November 1

Lunchbox legends: Macaroni slice


Happy Monday everyone.

Today I'm setting myself some goals - Motivation Monday !  Three things that I keep getting put off!

This week I'm going to:

  • Buy two more Christmas presents left on my list
  • Weed the front garden
  • Work out what from our bedroom, goes in the Garage Sale (girls rooms done just us to go!)
Now, as far as Monday goes, I also like to get a backlog of washing done usually and also get some school baking done.  I like to have a cheat dinner - i.e. 30 minutes of less dinner and although it seems like a busy day - it energises me for the week - I don't really mind Monday!

Today you might want to do some school baking or a quick dinner, this one is great to have with a salad - a good favourite with the kids too.

Ingredients:
1 cup macaroni, uncooked (makes about 2.5 cups cooked)
250g tub ricotta
2 eggs
10 baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1 cup grated sweet potato
1 rasher bacon, finely diced (Omit if you want a vegetarian option)
2 sprigs continental parsley, chopped
small sprig oregano, finely chopped
1 cup shredded tasty cheese
3 tb grated parmesan cheese

Method:
After cooking the pasta, preheat oven to 200 degrees c

Mix in a bowl with all the ingredients, adding in the order shown above.

Pour into greased baking tin and bake and press into the edges of the pan and compact on top.  Bake for 30 minutes.  

Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out, cutting up and serving.

This is in Eloise's school lunchbox today and the little frills and I will have it with fruit for lunch - easy peasy and a great change from sandwiches!

Don't forget to come back after lunch today - there's something new to add to the stocking! xx

Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Katy on November 1, 2010 at 7:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I will have to try this one too - another one where I have almost all the ingredients in my cupboard!!

Virginia on November 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Liss, that looks great. My girls also love having special lunches like this for a change. If I hadn't just had two wisdom teeth pulled out I'd be off to Coles for the ricotta. Maybe later in the week when I've recovered! Have a great Monday.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on November 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum! And good look doing all of that. I have a similar sort of list but I don't think I'll get it achieved today :P

Corrie on November 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yummo, the kids would love this for dinners this week with some vegies on the side or a salad! quick and easy for me to pull out of the fridge!

Corrie:)

Diminishing Lucy on November 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I am baking quiches today, for my freezer stash of lunchbox stuff. This will get made next week....thank you!

Impish on November 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Baked and ready for lunch tomorrow and beyond.

... mind you, it looks so good it might end up as dinner!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015