Sunday, November 7

Sunday baking project: Almond and white chocolate chunk cookies



Happy Sunday all!  How's your weekend been? If you're in Sydney you've probably spent most of it indoors like me.  I've been putting myself to good use though the Eco Baby Expo - I helped my friend Vicki yesterday and I'm back there today - here's a quick blogpost of what we did yesterday (there's a pic of the frills under the Luna Park Teeth!)

These are real quickie cookies - I realised at 6.45am that I was on morning tea duty at playgroup this week and had to get the kids up, dressed, house organised and us all packed in two hours - I had time to do cookies.

They're delicious and easy - you don't need to refrigerate or anything making the whole process about 20 minutes until they're in the oven.  I like that.  I like it alot. You could use any chocolate and any nuts - this is what I had on hand, it's a gorgeous combination inspired by the Lindt Gold Bar (my favourite chocolate bar).

Makes 36 large biscuits
Ingredients
175g butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarb soda
2 cups plain flour
250 g block white chocolate, roughly chopped
1/4 cup flaked almonds

Method:
Preheat oven to 160 degrees c
With your mixer or in a bowl with electric beater - mix butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy - about 2 minutes.

Add vanilla and eggs, mix for a further minute.  Add bicarb and flour and mix again until a smooth dough.  
Take mixer off stand or remove your beaters.


Stir through with a spoon or a spatula, chocolate and nuts.

Cover your baking trays with baking paper and place dough in flattened dough about 2 inches in diameter.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.  Cool on trays for 10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to completely cool and harden.

Store in airtight container up to 1 week (they won't last I promise you) or freeze in airtight container of ziplock bag up to 3 months.

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Seana Smith on November 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

AAAhhhhhh!! These look absolutely fantasic!! Wasn't I giving up cakes and biscuits for a couple of weeks??!! And how much of that 250gram bar of chocolate will actually make it into the biscuits if the kids help with the baking?

This looks great, thanks for it!

Corrie on November 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yum I demolished a packet of mint slices on my own today but I'm sure these would be more satisfying and feed a few more people at the same time! off to buy white chocolate when I do the preschool drop off tmrw! yuuuuum

hope you're resting up after 2 days of selling

Corrie;)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015