Tuesday, November 2

New series... Come have a cuppa with... Reality Raver!



Hello again,

This series has been on my agenda for such a long time and came about when a few readers wrote 'I feel like I'm having a cuppa in your kitchen' which was what I was totally going for!  So I thought I'd be nosy and get into other people's kitchens!

So today, join me for a Cuppa with Emma from Reality Ravings!  I visit Emma's blog at least 3-4 times a week because I'm a hopeless reality junkie.  Emma always has a unique view, good goss and a fun outlook - it's a fun visit!

Emma in her kitchen with her beloved coffee machine!  LOVE the red tiles!

So, how do you like your coffee or tea?
If it is not a cappuccino, I have my coffee short and black. I drink a lot of green tea

What you love or hate about your kitchen?
That I have to clean it, and it gets cluttered. The fridge and stove top is too far apart.

Who do you cook for at your house?
My two children, and my partner.


Where do you eat? Dining table/in front of computer/in front of TV (I'm guessing third?)
Yes I eat in front of the TV (Fox IQ is the best invention since the internet, however when we eat with the kids (as they are young they normally eat earlier) it is at the table.


Most desired kitchen appliance?
A wok that is low maintenance and doesn't rust out, I do also fantasise about an icecream maker but I would never use it.

Most used or loved gadget you own?
My Sunbeam espresso machine

Who taught you to cook?
I did Home Ec at school for 4 years. Also baked at home with my mum.

Any kitchen disasters you can report?
When I was meant to be making chocolate mousse, melting the choc in the microwave in a plastic bowl with rubber and it the rubber melted.

Your signature dish?
Scones with jam and cream, tacos

Your favourite quick fix mix meal?
Nachos, though I have found a new one fish, asparagus and miso stir-fry

Favourite cookbook?
Most used would be Marie Claire Cooking (yes Donna Hay), but these days I tend to get recipes off the internet at food blogs or taste.com.au

What's your entertaining style? Eg: Dinner party, BBQ, pot luck or go out!?
Normally meet up with friends for yum cha.

What's your favourite Frills in the Hills recipe or post and why?
Any of the slow cooking recipes I like, but I also enjoy your domesticity posts as it lets me get to know a bit more about you.

Wasn't that fun?  
Bet you didn't know she was so foxy too, right?  Any questions you've got for Emma about her kitchen or you'd like to ask her over a cuppa?
Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on November 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oooh, love it. Love Reality Ravings, and Emma too {hello, gorgeousness!}

BabyMac on November 2, 2010 at 1:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Great post! I love this blog too for all the same reasons...thanks for the cuppa!

reality raver on November 2, 2010 at 2:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It has been a long time since I got called foxy. LOL.

Thanks for profiling me. I can't wait to see who you do next week.

BTW Love your blog.

PinkPatentMaryJanes - thanks lovey

Mel on November 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I heart you reality raver! You make me work days complete...

Christie - Childhood 101 on November 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a fun idea, Liss.

Hi Emma, I love the red tiles in your kitchen :)

Rah on November 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Em!!
Love the red tiles in the kitchen :))

Diminishing Lucy on November 2, 2010 at 11:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OH! What a great idea!

Christie on November 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What a funky kitchen! Great idea Liss, I'm looking forward to this series :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015