Tuesday, November 2

Peanut toffee nougat ice cream - in 30 minutes


Or possibly even less!

Yes, I love myself a cheaty recipe and why shouldn't I?  When it comes to dessert it's truly necessary and even though hubby thought my Danish was the best thing I'd baked in ages, this is my favourite dessert right now.  Big time.

Make this for a dinner party or BBQ or just for yourself.  I won't tell anyone, if you share it with me.


Ingredients:
1 litre vanilla icecream (I used Woolworths Select, it's actually very creamy and nice!)
2 large snickers bars, diced into 4mm pieces
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter

that.is.it.

Method:
Let your ice cream melt ever-so-slightly, stir in your snickers bar pieces, and then stir though the peanut butter.


Place into a pudding bowl or desired tin, lightly sprayed with canola oil.  Return to freezer until set!

 

To serve, run a knife around the edges of the tin and then upturn on a plate, wipe outside with a hot teatowel to encourage it to pull away and onto the plate.  

Do NOT, at that point answer the door to trick-or-treaters or it will melt a little....

Serve!  Now you may like to serve with chocolate or caramel sauce, but seriously, it doesn't need it.  If you want to serve it to that next level perhaps some toffee chards and fresh warm roasted peanuts.

I shall bow now, whilst you clap.
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Cate on November 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Very good. Got to love the frozen ice cream cake!

Try crushing some scorched peanuts - I like adding these and some glace fruit at Christmas time!

Corrie on November 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yuuuuuuum! have all the ingredients here waiting to go and will make this afternoon!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015