Thursday, November 4

Fridge Reading.. what our fridge says about us!


I decided today I was going to share with you my fridge.

Not the inside, but the outside!  I think our fridge is a bit of snapshot of who and where we are as a family.
If you like, blog about yours and leave a comment and tell me about your fridge or link yourself up if you have a blog with pics if you like!

I'd love to see your fridges!

So, here's mine!

I dream about a new fridge - when we moved here we had to downsize the fridge for it to fit in the cavity - and sadly this was the only model that fitted at the time.  But it does us, I'll just keep dreaming for a new one...



Up on the top freezer door on the left is a photo of my Nan, proudly displaying a picture of her at work wearing a pasta necklace Eloise made her for Mother's day about 3 years ago.  Eloise gave her strict instructions for her to wear it at work, and she obeyed, so lovely!

To the right of that is Eloise's first Easter, we made magnets for all the family (and us) to accompany eggs - I really should do some for Christmas.  I think most of my family still sport them on their fridges.

Bottom left is Olivia and Eloise about 3 years ago at my sisters house which at that point was in Lawson the Blue Mountains.

Bottom right is hubby and Eloise - he had this done at a mobile booth at Gordon one day - just to jibe me because I've trained the kids to go for Manly, and he barracks for Balmain, so we all go for both teams :P


To the right of my freezer section is a gorgeous picture of Eloise she bought home from Book Day this year at school.  The kids had to dress up as their favourite book, and Eloise went as ... Eloise of course!

Other various bits and bobs is a car detail I won at the school trivia night, our recycling calendar and our reminder for our Brasserie Bread class -- the first one we could get into when I booked last July was... April next year.


Moving down the fridge are our 'buddy bookmarks' which Olivia and Laura proudly added to the fridge.  These are the girls who will be the girls' buddies when they start school next year.


And this is the latest and currently my favourite additon.  Very picasso-esque drawing by the Artist known as Eloise, that's her, with her sisters, waving.  I love the freckles!




Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Alison on November 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love it - blog your fridge! I so agree with you about your fridge giving a glimpse of who, what and where you are. It freaks me out to see a blank fridge ...who does that! lol. Looks like fun so I think I'll give it a go too...

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's good to know it's not just my fridge that looks full like that! I will try to take a pic today and do up a blog to it later!

M

ps- you have a good looking family.

this jen day on November 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have one of those stupid new fridges that magnets don't stick to (came with the house - totally not my choice) - so I've resorted to blu-tac!! xx

bindi on July 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

belinda said,
i totally agree, the frigde is where the traffic is and you see it everyday, i put all my kids recent art work, awards and pics on there so we can all look and some cute photos of all of us. its a talking point at breakfast we giggle about the art work and it is good reading for the 5yr old.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015