Tuesday, February 3

Inspiring...


Herbs are aren't they? I love growing our own herbs. I go through so many it's necessary!
Currently growing:
Windowsill: Sage (this needs to go outside it's a bit sick!) coriander (again I think sick in the heat,hoping it perks up soon) standard sweet basil, purple basil.
Outside Herb patch: Chives, Rosemary, Mint, Oregano, Thyme, italian parsley. We also have curly parsley in a pot.
On my wishlist: Thai Basil, I'd like to get a Bay Tree and a Kaffir Lime tree also.
A recipe using a combination of my herbs today:

Rich Beef Casserole - in the slow cooker/crockpot
Ingredients - layer in the following order
1kg cubed blade steak
2 med onions, diced
1x 420g can of peeled tomatoes or 2 sliced tomatoes
chopped basil (I used about 15 leaves)
chopped parsley (I used about 3 stalks italian flat leaf)
2 tb beef gravy powder
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup water
2 tb worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce
salt and pepper to season

I have put this on at 10.30am on Auto. About 3pm I'll chop about 8 medium button mushrooms and turn it down to 1 for 1.5 hours and then turn it off.

Serve with rice or mashed potato or mashed potato/pumpkin/kumera or sweet potato mix mash.

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on February 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This is going to be one of the next things I cook. I love slow cooker recipes! Yum. Thanks for sharing. x

Katy on February 4, 2009 at 12:13 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm so jealous of your beautiful herb garden!! I've tried twice and they just die on me! :(

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Imgiving this one a go right now Liss :) Its too hotto have the oven or stove going, so the slow cooker is a great alternative.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015