Tuesday, January 25

Disneyland's Bengal Beef skewers!



Yes, I'm serious.  Disneyland has a cookbook - a few actually.  This recipe got my attention because they are one of the more popular dishes at Disneyland and it looked spicy, but not too spicy, not too many ingredients and using every day ingredients.

I have adapted it for Australian ingredients so it's not strictly kosher but it's pretty darned good!

The verdict from the family was 'mmmmm YUM!' and the marinade did make alot so I put it in a container and put it with some more beef in the freezer, so all I need to do is defrost, thread on skewers and cook.  You may like the halve the recipe.

1 cup Soy Sauce 
1 tb ground black pepper 
3 tb sesame seed oil 
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 clove garlic, minced or finely choped
3 tb cornflour              
800g blade or chuck steak
15 skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes


Method:
Mix 1 1/2 cups water with the soy sauce, black and cayenne peppers and garlic.  In a separate bowl or glass mix the sesame oil with the cornflour and mix each well.

Combine the two bowls, mix well and set aside.  Cut your beef into thick-ish strips and place on skewer as below:  Pour your marinade over the top until beef is completely covered.  Set aside for about 30 minutes.

Heat your bbq or grill pan until very hot.  cook 3 minutes on first side and 2 minutes on the second side.  

 Set aside to rest before serving with salad or whatever you fancy (I did Greek salad and wedges)

Put a few up on your Australia Day BBQ perhaps?


Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

PlanningQueen on January 25, 2011 at 8:53 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

These look fab. My kids love eating meat on a stick.

Leesa on January 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm not a meat eater but I know my DD and DH would love these... Thanks for the recipe Liss :))))

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on January 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's like the Moomins cookbook-I didn't expect to like it but it has some good recipes. Glad that everyone liked it!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015