Monday, January 10

Happy Birthday Frills in the Hills #5 Win a little billies routine chart pack!



I've been a long time fan of Little Billies - they are always coming up with something new to make life just that little bit easier for parents and help them (and kids) live in harmony.  In particular I'm referring to the morning and bed-time charts - I have some of these magnets and they are a god-send if you have little ones to get out the door in the morning.

What these charts help you do is get out of the house without much if any screaming or frustrated punches in the sky.  Believe me, I've lived it last year.  I got sick of hearing the sound of my own voice and repeating the same thing over and over and over.  Lesson learned!

The chart and the magnets keep the children focussed and in a fun way - as they stick their magnet on the chart as done - they feel an achievement and you can give praise - everyone is happy! (especially Mummy!) I seriously suggest these if you have one or more chldren starting school this year - even the little ones who aren't at school all need to pull it together to get everyone out the door!

Little Billies today is offering one lucky reader's family one of these reward charts valued at $29.50.

Now, if you want one straight away there's some gorgeous sets over at Little Billies - I love this Babuska one!  


There are rockets, creepy crawlies, cars and everything - BOYS DON'T MISS OUT! Check out all the routine charts here!

So to win one of the day/night sets (picture at top) what you need to do?
  • Leave a comment and tell me the task you find hard to get done before you go out (like shoes on, teeth brushed, bag packed)
  • Entrants must have an Australian postal address
  • One entry only per person
  • Entries close midnight 17th January 2011




Print this post in friendly format

17 lovely comments:

Andrea on January 10, 2011 at 8:07 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

with three children to get ready before walking out the door, one of these planners would be great. It would replace the one I made when I had a 2 day old baby and wanted my daughter to see what she had to get done. I never did get around to making a better one. The thing I find the hardest is getting hair and teeth done, she seems to think she is ready and relaxes before these things are done.

Keren said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Getting the kids to have the right items in their bag ready to go. More often than not the book bag and homework books are left out only to be discovered halfway out the driveway.

Clarinda on January 10, 2011 at 8:12 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

great idea!

I find getting my oldest to eat breakfast is the most challenging task each morning

Nic on January 10, 2011 at 8:19 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm another one who finds breakfast for my eldest seems to take an hour! Plus attempting to have a shower myself without the baby crawling in with me... Those charts look great!

mrsevans on January 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My biggest problem is getting my toddler dressed in the morning before we drop her off at day care. It takes forever to get her dressed as she has to pick her own ensemble and ends up resembling a mini carrie bradshaw with the wacky outfits she puts together.Maybe a chart like this would encourage her to speed up the process

Shell on January 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I don't think I could pick one hardest thing... getting my 4 year old dressed is always a pain - as she always wants to wear a dress or skirt - something swishy! So I get annoyed when half her wardrobe doesn't get a look in! Oh and she never lets me do her hair! Stark contrast to Miss Almost 2 who brings me the spray bottle and brush.
Great giveaway, have been eyeing off Little Billies charts for a while now

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) on January 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

How cute!

Definitely getting shoes on, my princesses love to be barefoot!

Belinda on January 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Getting my eldest to eat breakfast (unless it's banana bread of course!) is always a challenge

K on January 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The hardest thing for me before going out is getting in the car seat and staying there! but that is after the breakfast fight and hoping she will eat something!
I love the Babushka Chart and the Birds and Bees chart! so cute!

Chrissy on January 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I can never seem to get my boys dressed. As soon as I start on one the other starts taking his clothes off. Lately I've given up trying to dress them and I've been letting them wear whatever they want - especially if we're in a hurry. I've just figured I'd hate someone telling me what I should wear plus the stress levels don't rise and we get out of the door quicker.

Unfortunately it means that the boys are either dressed in pjs or one of their many dress ups

mummy_chelle on January 10, 2011 at 4:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We have been doing this for over a year and it does work - kids need the visual more than the words. The hardest task for me in the morning is getting me to have breakfast and a coffee before we get out the door for the day! It is on the resolution list...

Candice on January 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Man Im glad Im not the only one who has troubles getting out the door with kids. Mr 3 likes to get his own backpack and clothes/shoes and if he doesn't get them all by himself then watch out for the meltdown! Needless to say, he can take his time some mornings and we do eventually get out the door. These reward charts look fantastic - the rocket and train charts would be a hit here :)

nellbe on January 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Brushing teeth and hair are equally annoying to get done, I swear I must say 'brush your teeth' and 'brush you hair' 100 times in the morning before they get done

Elizabeth Langford-Smith said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My challenge would have to be getting my 3 year old son dressed - he seems to strip off to his undies the minute he wakes up or when we arrive home, which means whenever we want to go out again we have the getting dresed battle all over again. I must say there have been many a time I thought I might just let him go out in his undies and forget the hassle but he may never forgive me when he is older:)

Deb on January 16, 2011 at 11:58 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

EVERYTHING!

actually, I am pretty good at getting the girls ready, its me that forgets something... brekkie, lunch for myself.

If its anything, its hats or library books that need returning etc.

Kristie on January 16, 2011 at 4:40 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Getting the wee miss ready is a real pain - but the issue flows onto me! after begging and pleading for her to do XYZ I always end up dressing too hot/too cold for the day ahead - and it is not until we are on the bus, heading to our destination that I realise I've messed up my wardrobe for the day!

Anna-Lise said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What do I not find difficult? Mornings I am constantly asking them the same thing over and over - get your shoes, get your hat, get a hair tie, where are your shoes? why haven't you got your hat yet? No barbies crown will no do as a hairtie, can you please get your own hat, not my hat... on it goes.
Next week I start full time work yet again, with a start time of 7am, meaning I have to have the children at daycare before then. A routine chart would be fantastic help to my day, the visual aids are a fantastic idea.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015