Monday, January 31

Making a splash at the end of the holidays


The end of the holidays is here.  Eloise is back at school today and my little girls are having their Best Start assessments before they start officially on Thursday.  I'm probably one of the few parents around who has not been counting down the days til the end of the holidays - quite the opposite.  I've been trying to savour each day, I've been a little selfish with our time and having as much Mummy/girl-time as I can.

So these next few days I'll be holding my babies tight before they start on Thursday.

Yesterday we sent out our school holidays with a splash over at my god-sister's house - we're more like sisters and grew up together.  Her Mum is my god-mother and vice-versa and she was my maid of honour at my wedding.  We can talk to each other about anything.   We haven't seen her new house and she's been there almost a year - and we wanted to meet her new baby - Puppy 'Schultz'.
Isn't he ADORABLE?  He poses for the camera and everything!

We also got to 'test out' the pool!

My big girl, can't believe she's starting Year 1 today - love the gappy smile!

Does it get any cuter than this?

Olivia couldn't wait to get in the water!

Uncle James was first in!
And before we knew it we were all having fun!

Uncle James and Aunty Bindy have a great supply of 'fightin' gear'

Lots of fun!

Schultzie had to get in on the action - he sits on the top step of the pool!!

Nawww!

Olivia is gaining loads of confidence in the water - she had a great day.

I love this photo!

Schultzie, your Mummy and Daddy are so lucky I didn't pack you in the car with the rest of my clan!

How was your weekend?

Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm just the same - I love school holidays - having my family all to myself... but alas they must come to an end :( Goodluck with the little ones starting. Such a happy sad time.

lisa mae on January 31, 2011 at 9:59 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

popping in from point and shoot.......oh those photos just make me wanna jump in the pool too, and i love the dog sittting in on the action lisa

Kat on January 31, 2011 at 10:06 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OMG Schultzie is adorable! He looks at like our Roxy. I would have given anything to be in the pool yesterday. It was a killer day here on the Gold Coast.

Rhi @ Hummingbird's Song on January 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm sad school holidays are over too... simply because I'm a teacher! :P Those pool photos are great.

Zoe on January 31, 2011 at 12:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks like great fun!! I can't wait until my boys are confident in the pool and we can have some fun times!!

Becky on January 31, 2011 at 2:13 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Wonderful photos! Looks like lots of fun.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015