Friday, May 7

Mothers day recipes for you - Rosewater cake, lime and raspberry friands and slow cooker saltbush lamb


Being a mother puts a whole new perspective on your own mother.  You realise you might not have been a breeze to raise and yes, your mother might have been right about a few things.  Mother’s Day for those who are Mother’s and have Mother’s presents a whole new dimension.  How and can you spoil AND be spoiled on mother's day without your mood being spoiled!?


I remember my second ever Mother’s’ Day.  My eldest daughter was almost two, and I had five month old baby twins.  We were having car issues so the decision was made as a family to save me the hassle of carting all my babies around town it would be easier for everyone to come to me.  Sounds easy doesn’t it?


Well you’re right, it doesn’t.  I got up at the crack of dawn to clean, cook, organise my kids and have something palatable and hopefully impressive to serve to our party of twelve.   10 minutes before they were due to arrive I was a sobbing mess.  This wasn’t my relaxing Mother’s’ Day.  This wasn’t my break from the most intense year of motherhood ever. 


As in life, I took on too much.  I had the disease to please.


Since then, it has been my mission to have my Mother’s’ Day.  I’ve decided the best course of action is to delegate all kid wrangling and domestic chores to my hubby on Mother’s Day.  I cook ahead, and where I can I make it easy to spoil and be spoiled without my mood or my patience being spoiled also.


So here's some Mother's day recipes I've done over at kidspot for mother's day you can make in advance, make your day pleasurable and enjoy making some of them with the kids!

Again, very easy, one mixing bowl cake mix - with a musky pretty smell and taste.  
recipe can be used for cupcakes too.

 Lime and raspberry friands 

Seriously takes only 40 minutes from beginning to end, you won't pay $4 each for these again!


This absolutely melts in the mouth - I made this one with Saltbush lamb, but it would work with any lamb shoulder.  15 minutes prep in the morning, then 10 minutes in the afternoon - voila!

Have you planned a Mother's Day menu yet?

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Barbara on May 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love that expression Disease to please. I have that too. Some years my son's birthday falls on Mother's day. Have a lovely day with your family Liss.

Cathie on May 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

nice post Liss! very true indeed.
hope it's a breezy one for you & you get spoilt a little bit aswell.
enjoy your weekend


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015