Tuesday, May 11

As much as I don't like labels...


I feel my daughter Laura is destined for one.  'The funny twin'.  Seriously this child has incredible wit it is startling.  She KNOWS at this tender age, she is HELL funny and manages to keep a straight face.  Some of the time she'll use this to her advantage to charm her way out of something, or to divert your attention.  I'll give you one such example:

Last week my Nan was over - Laura was doing her usual bit of showing off but it got out of hand and she was rude.  She was sent to her room.  Upon her release I called her over so as per usual we could discuss the misdemeanor and work out how to not do it again.

First of all it was the darting eyes.
Then it was the rolling of the eyes, followed by the head.

So I cupped her head between my hands to get her eye contact, ran through the spiel and ended with the 'do you understand me?'  I was feeling hopeful with finally achieving eye contact.

'No Mummy, I can't hear you, you've got your hands on my ears'.

Do you think I could keep a straight face?  Yep, you're right.  First time she's ever caught me out little bugger!
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on May 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love this story. She's too cheeky! x


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015