Tuesday, May 4

Slowcooker Recipe: Macaroni Cheese





Hello!  Is it really only Tuesday?

This recipe I found on a blog called Culinary Cory - it's got a huge wrap from those in the US, so I thought I would give it a go as we love mac and cheese - but I usually just make it over the stove.  This one does make a good lot - Corey says 6 but I"m inclined to think more like 8, or 12 people as a side serving.  I have also modified the slow cooker temp and timing because I think it could use that.

So my friends, this might be a good ones for you that like to cook in bulk, and freeze or those who have a hungry hoarde to feed.  This fed my family for lunch, with an extra lunch for me, Laura and Olivia for days hubby is at work and Eloise is at school.

Add bacon and/or mushrooms for extra flavour/content!

Ingredients:
3 cups raw macaroni
75 grams butter, cut into 1cm cubes
250g Kraft packaged cheddar cheese (you know the blue box!?)
250g tasty cheese, grated
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Boil water in a saucepan and add the macaroni, boil for 5 minutes ONLY and drain.

Pour into the bottom of the slow cooker, and add the rest of the ingredients, stir well, place the lid on and turn on low, after one hour, give it a stir and then heat for another hour.


Season with salt and pepper and serve!  Good for leftovers too!

Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Christie on May 4, 2010 at 7:40 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Too easy! Thanks Liss.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on May 4, 2010 at 1:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Good stuff and it's macaroni cheese weather. I don't know that blue box of cheese though-might just use regular cheddar.

Rina on May 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Bookmarking. ALWAYS on the lookout for slow cooker recipes to make on the days that I work in the afternoon through till evening.

Leimay on September 8, 2011 at 9:35 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oooh hubby will love this, tonights dinner is now sorted thanks Liss!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015