Sunday, May 16

Dawson, I feel your pain, now I have a dodgy haircut too.


oh my.

I have just returned home from the worst hairdressing experience ever.  The one even trumps the occasion where a hairdresser friend of mine dyed my thick fringe bright pink by accident the day prior to a job interview.

Seriously.

I really should have been tipped off by the fact that I overheard her talking to another client singing the praises of TV meals and the fact that you don't have to wash up afterwards - 'I don't understand why people cook for REAL'.   Then when she carried on with the health benefits of chiko roll consumption 'they have cabbage in them and other stuff'.  Yeah, that stuff would be MSG and other unmentionable CRAP.

The real giveaway should have been her hair -was all sorts of bright purple, black and orange shades that were in no particular style - just patch-like.

My tweets went like this:

12.11pm   overhearing hairdresser sing praises of frozen tv dinners. 'I don't understand why ppl cook FOR REAL'
12.14pm  oh it gets better: 'chiko rollls are healthy aren't they? got cabbage in them!'
1.43pm:   seems my hairdresser knows as much about hairdresssing as she knows about food. ANGRY
1.57pm:   eating lindt straight from supermarket trolley #emotionaleater #upsetbydodgyhairdresser
2.30pm:   a phone call to salon owner and consumer affairs tomorrow. Can't afford to get it fixed, don't want them to touch it #nowinsituation
2.32pm:  *sob* just saw the back for the first time. #primadonnatantrum


So my hair looks something like a cross of Carol Brady with short Cameron Diaz do and with brown hair that had orange fanta sprout out of it.   That will learn me to cheat on my hairdresser.  I just didn't have time until today, and she doesn't work on Sundays.

There are always hats I suppose, I can wear hats this winter, can't I?

Waaaahhhhhhhh.
Print this post in friendly format

15 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on May 16, 2010 at 3:21 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss! I feel your pain. I've been there.

Hats are good.

Argh. I am cranky for you! x

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm really angry for you. It is horrible how disempowered we are when we sit in a hairdresser's chair. I hope you have super cute hats and hair that grows quickly. xxxx

Quixotic on May 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've been there too, it sucks, but it's not permanent. Remember, it's only hair, it will grow. Wear hats, or do what I did and shave the bloody lot, give some money to Leukemia Shave for a Cure, and start again!

Christie on May 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh bugger, I was really hoping for a picture so I could have a good lau..I mean tell you that it looks super gorgeous and not to worry!
Seriously, I can empathise completely and I hope the grow out time goes really quickly for you!! xx

carly on May 16, 2010 at 7:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

When I was still living at home, I went to a different hair dresser. And well, I ended up with the worst cut ever. I was so upset.

Then when I had my hair bleached to attempt to get it blonde, and it turned orange they weren't even going to put the toner in it! Mind you they charged me for long hair too! When I had medium length and all that was was going to a different girl in the salon cause my usual hairdresser was busy.

I got my hair done in February. I probably should get it done again but I just don't want to go back to that place because I always end up there for hours on end.

I hope that it works out xx

Krysbrem on May 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss I am sorry :(

Really hope that you manage to get somewhere with it or can do something to fix it up.

Tis only a few weeks before a good haircut & a bad one remember that

{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'd go back and complain. Getting your hair done is expensive and if you paid for a faulty product you'd take it back to the store wouldn't you? Same goes for hair.

KH on May 16, 2010 at 10:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh, yikes! I hope you manage to get it fixed, you poor thing!
And yes, hats are cool!

greenfumb on May 17, 2010 at 8:08 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hats are definitely IN! But I would try and get them to fix it - obviously not the same girl.

If you want a decent hairdresser mine grows her own veges, keeps chooks, does yoga and stocks organic products - I can give you her name.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on May 17, 2010 at 2:53 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh no! You poor thing. Hair is SO important. Have you got lots of headbands and scarves etc? :(

Corrie on May 17, 2010 at 7:14 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh no feeling your pain! when I first moved back from london my mum sent me to her hairdresser and the blonde seeped out of the foils and looked terrible! had to go to toni & guy and pay a small fortune for colour correction and never went back. Now, I've have a regular hairdresser for 4 years but found you need to book for the year in advance as she's so popular which doesn't work for me so found a new one in manly and was sooooooooooo nervous thinking I'd come out with terrible hair but thankfully he did a good job and saved me $80 on foils and a cut.

hang in there, I agree...big scarves! want me to sew you one! like a headband/kerchief thing for your hair!
Corrie:)

Julia on May 18, 2010 at 8:53 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

This sort of thing makes me mad! To share - a friend of a friend once asked me to model for her for a hair competition. After promising not to bleach my very long, very dark hair, I agreed. She lied. I wound up with a big patch of bleached hair half way down & didn't realise what she was doing until I smelled the bleach. Apparently I was the unreasonable one! What I've learned? First, good hair dressers are worth the time, trouble and $, hats are cute and hair grows back. I hope you've started to feel better. :)

Kath Lockett on May 18, 2010 at 11:04 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

G'day Liss

Nice to meet you(shakes hands in cyberspace) - I'm a Lindtlover too (www.gonechocco.com) but the hair article here is one I've also written about on my personal blog:
http://blurbfromtheburbs.blogspot.com/2010/05/hair-hair-after-spending-morning.html

...maybe we'll meet at the Lindt shindig in June?

Amy xxoo on May 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I think we've all had a dodgy haircut or too in the past. Oh, and i'd recommend you get yourself a few cute knitted, french-style beanies....sweet!

confused rants on May 22, 2010 at 3:04 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

so u make it 2 for the dodgy haircut..m friendtoo had that weirdo exp.....


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015