Friday, October 28

Planning... my 40th birthday party..


Well ours actually....

Just before I left, we went out to dinner at a new local Indian restaurant.  It's a bit tucked away and I must admit I wasn't expecting much (you know, local restaurants do have a rep for being not-so-great)... but we were blown away by the venue and the food and before leaving we'd booked the function room for hubby and my 40th birthday bash...

It has an outdoor (undercover) bar, gorgeous inside seating and a dance floor! We are going ... bollywood style baby!

Hubby and my birthdays are 6 months apart and originally we had planned to have a joint 40th half-way between being around now... and well of course that doesn't work because I'm not even in the country!  But it's booked for my return and invitations are out, and printed ones are out this week.... can't wait.

(In case you were wondering, yes, I am the 'cradle snatcher'... hehe)

I bought some beautiful sari fabric in Manila, and some matching earrings.. on the hunt for hubby now... we may go down the fancy dress route again given how fantastic Fancy That were with hubby's Pimp outfit for the school trivia night.. 

I'll be letting my hair down, that's for sure, it should (cross fingers everyone) co-incide with my home-coming!

What did you do for your 40th or last milestone birthday?
Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

Froggirl said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It's a bit sad but my thirtieth but nothing. Everybody was overwhelmed by the fact that we had two new ones celebrating their first christmas. Being that my birthday is boxing day it's kinda understandable. Maybe I'll have a big 31st birthday.

Sarah on October 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Indian food is awesome and I hear bollywood parties are all the rage. So bright and full of music!!

My 40th was this year and I had a sci-fi/superhero theme party. I dressed as wonder woman and have an awesome night.

Cascade Lily on October 29, 2011 at 7:39 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I 'ran away' with my husband to a luxury resort at Port Douglas for a week, sans children (my parents came to stay at our place). It was lovely, but I was a little out of sorts 'cause hitting the middle of my life came as a bit of a shock! Mind you, he's turning 50 in Feb, so I'm a spring chicken in those terms!

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I didn't do anything for my 30th... I may have had dinner out with my hubby but it was an exxy time... we were about to get married. Couldn't do much for my 31st either... my daughter was born two weeks later. Indian for my 40th sounds good though :)

Becci on October 30, 2011 at 9:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My 40th was 5 yrs ago and met up with family and friends in a holiday house and had an Ali Baba and 40 Thieves theme - lots of harem pants and belly dancing. I'm now planning my husband's 40th now and though he wanted a Star Wars theme we have settled on a 70's Movies one. Should be interesting....

Kirrily on October 31, 2011 at 6:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My 30th was very sedate, just a cake with the family as we'd only just been married.
Hubby is 40th next year and we're going to New York.
I'm already thinking of plans for my 40th, maybe Paris (and a party!)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015