Wednesday, January 7

Mummy's pancakes are the best!



I had a request from Eloise which was quickly followed by echoing requests for Mummy's Pancakes for breakfast this morning. Really they are pikelets but they are always a hit.


So - the recipe: I whizz these up with a stick blender :
  • 1 to 1 measurement of plain to self-raising flour (I think I'd use about 3/4 cup of each)
  • 1/4 of total amount of flour in white sugar (so say about 2/3 cup)
  • 1 egg
  • enough milk to make it runny but thick

    Heat a non-stick pan with butter and then spoon on your pikelets - I like to use the Tupperware Mini-ladle because it's less messy and just the right amount.. I also use it for spooning cupcakes, muffins etc. You can get these from your tupperware rep if you go to party usually.


My mix made about 15 pikelets - I freeze 6 in ziplock bag so I can zap them in the microwave for 60 seconds @40% heat to make breakky in under 3 minutes another day!

Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Leimay on August 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

whipped up these tonight, once i got the consistency right they were lovely :)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015