Sunday, January 11

Culinary Healing with Very Berry Cherry Cake


Still feeling a bit blergh about yesterday but resolved to make the cake I had intended to yesterday - my current favourite - the Very Berry Cherry Cake. I decided to make it into a small springform and some little muffins, so my little girls had something yummy for afternoon teas for a couple of days this week.

I got the recipe from the packet of Light Philadephia Cream Cheese Packet (250g)

Ingredients:
  • 250gr Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I used light)
  • 250gr softened butter (I used fairy margarine - same result)
  • 200gr pitted frozen cherries (I used fresh)
  • 150gr blueberries fresh or frozen (I used fresh 125gr punnet)
  • 2+1/4 cups selfraising flour
  • 1+1/2 cups caster sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • icing sugar, extra
My Method:
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c


Put softened butter/margarine in food processor and add caster sugar vanilla essence, whip on high until fluffy. Add the three eggs one-by-one whilst processor running on low/medium setting. Add the Philly and whip until no lumps and glossy in appearance. Add the flour and beat on medium speed and then add the milk, whizz on high speed until again glossy in appearance.

Pour mixture into large mixing bowl and fold through the cherries and blueberries making sure there is an even distribution of both.

Pour into desired pan, making sure you fill to only 3/4 height to allow for rise. Bake until cooked in centre, test with knife or skewer, no mixture should come out.

When cooled, dust with sifted icing sugar

These taste halfway between a sponge and baked cheese cake - and let me tell you - the mixture is pretty delicious too!
Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015