Tuesday, January 20

Happy birthday to my GSH


My Gorgeous Sexy Husband is 37 today. We are the same age again for 6 months!

As it's a 'school day' it was business-as-usual getting everyone out the door by 7am so no special breakfasts but we did have time for cuddles and some card opening. I finally also got to spill the beans by way of finally divulging we are going on holiday in just over 2 weeks to the Gold Coast - everything was paid for some time ago - Bargain flights (5 of us return for $620), 3 bedroom self-contained apartment 1 street from the beach booked and paid for, car hire paid for, tickets to dreamworld, paid for. I bought all of these mid-way through last year when I was working thank goodness. So let the ticker begin !




I'm off today to meet some friends for lunch - but before I head off I'm going to pre-prepare dinner: My hubby being a proud carnivore loves his steak so I'm going to marinade/tenderise some blade steak, and some kind of Vege offering - probably roast diced veges with garlic and rosemary from our garden

My Blade steak marinade:
  • Juice and zest of one largish lemon (heat in microwave for say 30 seconds first - you get more juice out of it - I promise!
  • 1/3 cupolive oil
  • 1 finely diced spring onion
  • 1 tsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • Good grind of pepper
My hubby isn't big on birthday fanfare but I will make him a cake - kind of. The man loves chocolate so I'm going to make Nigella's Chocolate Molten Babycakes:
OK, better get my butt into gear!



Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Kat on January 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

ooh those chocolate molten baby cakes look scrumptious!!!

Happy Birthday Adam!!!

Krysbrem on January 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OMG Liss those cakes are to die for! Justin makes them all the time for us, well did before we decided we seriously need to lose some weight LOL..

Happy Birthday Adam!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015