Tuesday, December 1

Top Five Tuesday: Christmas movies



Love Actually - this movie just makes me feel joy and makes me homesick for the time I lived in London.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - this reminds me of Christmas with my family in my teens and 20's.  My Dad doing the lights, the way we used to poke fun at him doing so (though we loved it!) and sitting down as a family and watching the movie on either Christmas Eve or boxing day.

It's a wonderful life - I actually hadn't seen this until the Christmas before last - My hubby, my Nan and myself watched it after Christmas lunch and all the kids were sleeping.  Nan and I were bawling at the end!  It's like John Lennon says, life happens when you're busy making other plans.

Meet me in St Louis - I just love the music, and well up whenever I hear 'Have yourself a Merry little Christmas' .


Muppets Christmas Carol - well anything Muppets was top notch when I was a kid - this came out when I was 11.  Loved it back then, will probably get it out for the kids this Christmas for the first time.

What about you?  Any of these you love/don't?  Any to add?
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

greenfumb on December 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love Actually is definitely at the top of my list and reminds me too of the years I spent In London. We usually have Christmas with our closest friends as we have no family here and always watch the movie on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately they can't come up from Melbourne this year so probably we will wait til Australia Day when they are here (or we will watch it twice :-) )

AutumnRose on December 3, 2009 at 11:48 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

"A Christmas Story" is always the favorite at our house!

Happy Holidays!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015