Saturday, May 28

Roast mixed vegetables with oregano, balsamic and halloumi



I know some of you are literally gagging for some vegetable recipes - but I'm pretty boring when it comes to the world of side-dishes and this is something I need to extend myself with.  

If you're not a fan of 'squeaky cheese' as my frills call it (halloumi) - this would be great with swiss cheese or even blue cheese... actually I'm going to try that!    I served this beside some baked barramundi - delicious - but could easily be a meal for any vegetarian - you may want to add capsicum if you're a fan too - my hubby is allergic so it's not in ours... doesn't mean you couldn't add it!

Ingredients
500g pumpkin, peeled and roughly sliced/diced
2 red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
500g new potatoes (I used desiree) diced into thick chunks
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano (or fresh if you have it!)
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tb olive oil
2 tb balsmic vinegar
handful of baby spinach
250g halloumi cheese, sliced finely
3 tb pine nuts

Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c
In a baking dish throw in your pumpkin, potato, onion pepper, oregano and olive oil and give it a good toss to ensure all is coated.

Bake for 25 minutes, remove and sprinkle over the balsamic over the top, then layer the halloulmi over the top.  Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, then add your pine-nuts.  

Bake for another 5 minutes, remove and serve!  Enjoy your weekend all xx

 



Print this post in friendly format

6 lovely comments:

CamillaS on May 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Loving the look of this, think I'd add capsicum too

Paula Bear on May 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I totally love your blog, it's the first email I open when I see there is an update, your recipes, your enthusiasm and passion for cooking rocks!

Have you thought about creating some ebooks? I'd be the first to buy them!

I hope you don't abandon your blog once you do return to work, we will miss you!

Liss on May 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Paula BearPaula that is seriously the sweetest comment! <3 I love to cook and share and connect and truly, I get as much if not more from doing the blog as people get from reading it. There is no chance that I'll be letting it go in any foreseeable future - I will be releasing an eBook on babyfood soon - but it's motivated by the fact that I don't want the recipes that I used to not be shared, just because I'm not making them anymore. xxx

i-mumma on May 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yummo! I love roasted veggies with "squeaky cheese" & balsamic! I am going to make this for lunch today :-)

Ann on May 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yum, I was looking for something to make tomorrow night...and we love 'squeaky cheese'!

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

We love squeaky cheese too but getting the kids to eat pumpkin is a chore. Shame because it is my absolute favourite veg


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015