Sunday, May 15

Sunday baking project - Chocolate and Caramel self-saucing pudding - READER RECIPE



Hello everyone!

I'm in possibly the happiest bloggy mood ever.  Despite poor blogger's problems (I feel so sorry for those guys!) it's really been a great week for me at Frills.  I've had a pudding fixation this week - and if you follow Frills on facebook I'm apologising right now for probably sending you looking for the number for Jenny Craig...

But this pudding mood had a major pay-off.  When I called out for pudding inspiration, Melanie let me know she had a fab recipe, that another facebooker, Lorri that she 'met' on Frills Facebook gave to her.  She would pass it on with Lorri's permission.

That in itself totally made my day, and my week.  I know it might seem silly but as much as I'm proud of my blog, which is really an extension of me being proud of my frills and my sharing love of food, photography and writing - the feeling of community I feel with you guys, the readers whether it be a comment on a post, or a tweet or a 'like' 'share' or comment on facebook, nothing beats it.  I am proud I've bought together such a great bunch of people who all have something in common - whatever that is !

To top it off we reached the magical milestone of 1,000 likers on Facebook this week - a goal I set myself for 12 months... we reached it in seven!!  Thank you!

You have inspired me.  In more ways than you know, and many ways you will find out in the coming weeks and months!

OK, now on with the recipe!!
This one is a-maze-ING people! It's a tad on the rich side and I think it does need icecream or cream to cut through the richness but the great news is - you only need a little bit... and you can share it with lots of people... or no one at all - I won't tell!

Ingredients:
220g block Carmello chocolate
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
125g butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2 brown sugar
1 3/4 cups boiling water

Optional: Raspberries, icing sugar mixture & vanilla ice-cream to serve

Method:
Break up your caramello bar into pieces and put in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.  Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a 3cm deep, 19cm x 30cm base lamington pan or medium casserole dish.


Sift flour and 2 tablespoons of cocoa into a bowl. Add caster sugar, butter and milk.


Whisk until smooth and combine - this only takes a minute or so. Spread mixture into prepared pan.


 Press broken chocolate squares into mixture - this makes sure there's an even consistency of choc-caramelly goodness.

Sprinkle brown sugar and remaining cocoa over the top.

Over the back of a large spoon, cover with boiling water.

Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is set. 

Thank goodness my friend Kirsty kept harassing suggesting to me to start a Frills Facebook page, because if she hadn't , we wouldn't have this recipe!!

Lorri and Melanie as a token of appreciation, I'm giving you both a copy of Donna Hay's BRAND book 'A Cook's Guide' each - please email me your addresses for being such wonderful sharers! xx


Print this post in friendly format

10 lovely comments:

CamillaS on May 15, 2011 at 10:11 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I don't words describe how yummy that looks! Next dessert for a dinner party for sure! (Don't think I can get away making it for 2 people!)

Josiejo said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh.My.Hat that looks devine.
Evil - but devine.
Luckily I already had an excuse to go to the shops today, except now I will be returning with a block of caramello. Mmmmmm

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I saw this recipe in SFI last year I think. It's so good. One day I used Lindt balls instead! yummmmmo

Maryandlil on May 15, 2011 at 1:55 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I want to get some caramello....NOW. :) yum.

Mammamusing on May 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I need to step away now.

That look amazing and moorish and so not what I need to indulge in right now.

Although I have bookmarked it :)

Jess Frost said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Melissa! Stop posting stuff like this please?? This is ready to go into the oven for tonight, and when this baby winds up being over 10 pounds because of the mother's over-eating, I will blame YOU!!!

And I will let you know how it goes. Can't wait to eat 2 bites of dinner and then fill up on dessert!

Kirsty S said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm sitting here going "No, you don't need this... really you don't" except it's all my fault (ha!) that you got the recipe. Guess I'll make it when I get back from my trip. Can't eat this AND fit in a bridesmaid dress, after all. *lol*

Jess Frost said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It. Was. Utterly. Bloody. Delicious!!!

Megan Blandford on May 29, 2011 at 7:56 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

YUM! (PS - Mel is one of my best friends so I hope she shares this pudding with me soon!!)

NannaMel on May 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Just made it again... and this time usuing your lovely pictures along the way! how wonderful!
(and yes, Megan - you know I am happy to bake, eat and share ANYTIME!) :D


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015