Friday, December 17

A whole lot can happen in one day


Hello friends!

I know you must be missing recipes almost as much as I miss creating them - but never fear - next week I will be cooking (hooray!) Do remember in addition to the recipes here on the blog there is my Christmas newsletter 1 and 2  and my Christmas on the cheap series over at Kidspot.

So let me update you on our crazy 24 hours here yesterday.  Yesterday was our first day of school holidays for Eloise and our last day of playgroup as a family forever.


Eloise at her first playgroup - 20 months old!


I started going to playgroup when Olivia and Laura were 6 weeks old - mainly for Eloise's benefit because it felt crazy at the time because it took me two hours to get there - and it was only in the next street - to make sure everyone was fed, bathed,fed, the pram was packed, morning tea was packed and I was showered, brushed my teeth and hair... seriously it was a feat!

Laura and Olivia on the way to first playgroup - 6 weeks old!

So it was a little bittersweet to see our girls graduate yesterday - ready and off to school

Santa arrived in a vintage car! 

It was pretty exciting and everyone who attends playgroup gets a book (derived from our bookclub rewards) Eloise as a visitor to playgroup didn't get a present and quickly deduced it was her hideous behaviour that morning that sealed her fate. (How convenient for me!)

But Eloise it seemed didn't learn - after our special lunch at Cavallinos where she got to practice her Italian lessons - at home a radical change was yet to come.

We went from this (at the restaurant)

to this a few hours later

Yes, this is the 'fixed' version after she had hacked a good 3+ inches off each side of her hair.  Not disastrous but good lord she challenges me!

After her trim, I decided to do the other girls' hair too - Laura got her very first haircut and I removed all the wispy bits from Olivia's hair... so now it's bob-city.  Nice for summer I think.
(new outfits on Laura and Olivia compliments my Mum for their birthday)

Let's just say I was very glad when they all nodded off to sleep last night - hubby was out and I got crafty.. therapy.  I hope the rest of the school holidays isn't as 'eventful'.

How have your school holidays started?

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes on December 17, 2010 at 8:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I can't believe that we've never experienced the home-made haircut - I guess because I was totally expecting it. We've got the gal's birthday party today - all prepared right down to my retentive minute-by-minute list!

Enjoy your holidays x

Sophie on December 17, 2010 at 9:10 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

It could have been a lot worse! I have a picture of myself at age 6 with my fringe completely cut back almost to the scalp! It was one week before school photos too! I had a lovely little spikey fringe and my mum was horrified! Thank god I haven't had to deal with this yet, but I am sure it is to come!

Corrie on December 17, 2010 at 10:47 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

awwww yes keira had her last day of playgroup but I joke I'll be there forever with the rate i keep having babies but goodness playgroup is my lifesaver and those mums are lovely friends of mine

keira actually chopped some hair off one side the same week I'd just taken her for a haircut. I didn't realise it till I was cleaning up that night and everyone was in bed! it still hangs out of a pony tail

the haircuts look great! girls are so easy to trim and go whereas finnie needs to go to the hairdressers

hope the rest of your hols are less eventful!

Corrie:)


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015