Thursday, May 12

Fast food on a friday: Beef Chow Mein


Yay!  We made it! Friday! Wooohooo!

My frills are tired this week, and to be honest so am I - it's been a bit rush-rush-rush week and I think we're all looking forward to the weekend.  Tonight I'm finishing my meal plan for the month (yes I plan monthly!) and tomorrow we're off to the farmgate trail.   Can't wait to get there already.  Sunday I'm planning on digging out some of the vege garden, it's desperately in need of some weeding.  I just hope it's sunny and not tooooo cold.

If you've had a busy week like me you'll love this recipe because  it's easy and yummy.  It feels like takeaway too.  I used my own minced beef (so proud) and it was ready in under thirty minutes - you can't ask for more than that can you!?


Ingredients:
600g lean minced beef
1 brown onion, roughly diced or sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced and chopped
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 pak choys
3 cups chicken stock
2 tsp curry powder
2 tb oyster sauce
3 tb soy sauce
1 packet chow mein noodles (Or I used changs longevity noodles)


Method:
In a jug, pour in stock and mix through the oyster sauce, soy sauce and curry powder, set aside.

Chop up all the veges and the garlic

Heat a wok or large frypan to very hot and add the carrot and onions, cook until onions become translucent, then add the beef mince and brown.

Add 1/3 of the stock mix and simmer for a few minutes.

Add the pak choy, longevity noodles and mix well.

Add the rest of the stock, and add a lid if you can to the top of your wok or frypan, simmer for about 5 minutes, remove lid and stir well and simmer a few more minutes if necessary until the noodles soften.


Serve!!


How's your week been?  Got any exciting plans this weekend?
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

JodieD said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Have just finished eating this!! YUMMO!! Super easy Mr 4.5 did most of the work, and we were sitting down to eat in 20 minutes!!

Thanks for the fab recipes Liss, you star in our weekly menu at least once a week!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015