Monday, April 4

When I was 17....


image: Flickr

  • 1 lived 20km from where I live now
  • I was in Year 11 at High School
  • I was studying three languages at school
  • I wanted to be a linguist
  • I loved INXS, Sting and the Police, U2
  • I bought Cosmo Magazine and sometimes Smash Hits
  • I taped my favourite film clips on the VCR.
  • A highlight of our family's week was watching the Comedy Company on Sunday night.
  • I went to Naval cadets on Saturday - I loved to sail
  • I got a spiral perm
  • I loved hairspray and charlie perfume
  • I slept in a single bed and my bedroom was pale pink and blue.  Very 80's.
  • I had my first boyfriend who owned and could drive his own car
  • I met my now best friend, we weren't best friends then but I did introduce her to her now husband - who was my first ever boyfriend (and is now good mates with my hubby - how incestuous!)
  • My must-have gadgets was my walkman and my ghetto blaster.
  • My favourite meal was thai coconut chicken curry (My Dad made this at our house)
  • I couldn't wait to enrol to vote
  • I kept a diary
  • I couldn't wait to grow up and leave home, travel the world!
What were you doing at 17?  Link up your blog entry or just tell me here!

Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Wendy on April 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

What an awesome post. Loved it. I was in year 12 at high school. Unlike you I didn't study at all really. It was all about the social side of things. I worked part time as a checkout chick and didn't play any sports. While I was 17 I finished school. Got my first full time job. Got my first car. Got my license. Planned on a holiday on a cruise ship (big time then) but ended up falling pregnant to a boy I was friends with all throughout high school and by the time I turned 18 I already had my first son. WOW.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015