Tuesday, March 1

I've done a bit of re-decorating...and some new features


On Sunday evening I conferred with a friend of mine who is really the guru-ess of what looks good onsite - and told her I wanted to make a new button for those to put on their blogs (yes thank you for those who emailed asking!) and also a new avatar for the facebook.

She suggested that perhaps I ditch the green on my site (remember the hills?) which is when I confessed that for a while now (well over a year in fact) I was wanting to give the site a new look without changing everything.  I like the layout (and it took so long to perfect it a stubborn part of me isn't ready to part with it). She suggested I put together a 'inspiration page' where I copied and pasted images I liked and what look/colours etc I liked.

Well that got me started - and I found my new colour scheme - then I found my images, did a new header and yesterday I spent the whole day re-colouring/designing - I thought I was going to break blogger.

So if you were online yesterday you might have seen some of my 'tinkering' and there may be a little more...

Some things I want to quickly ensure you know:

First of all - you may not have been aware - you can subscribe by email - there's a few of you who do this already - but I thought I'd make it easier for you by putting a button up for you... see over there to the right --->

There's a new 'print friendly' button there on the navigation bar - if you want to print a recipe - just open the post, click on 'print friendly'

It will remove the right column and include all the comments from the post (because I know how helpful you all are with questions and variations - and I want to include those!)  Then you can print as per your normal methods.

Hoorah right?  I know a lot of you have asked (begged me) for that functionality - thank you must go to my friend Di !

The other new thing you may find is riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight down the bottom you will find some more shortcuts...here's a few examples  Anything you want added - let me know!


EDITED:
And finally here is the button (on the sidebar but here's another!)









Print this post in friendly format

10 lovely comments:

Diminishing Lucy on March 1, 2011 at 5:52 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looking very slick.....I prefer the new colours - they are calmer...

xx

Karla on March 1, 2011 at 8:06 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Very nice! Loving the new colours.

Nisha on March 1, 2011 at 10:01 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sorry for turning, what was supposed to be a 5min job, into a whole day site revamp!! LOL!

Its amazing what you can achieve with the tiniest spark of inspiration ;-)

Loving the new look and Lucy is spot on, it is calmer and cleaner. That new print function is going to get a work out for sure!

Cathie on March 1, 2011 at 10:32 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

looking very sleek & stylish Liss!
well done, it has all come together perfectly.

Di on March 1, 2011 at 11:48 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Er.... can some people test the print thing in different browsers? It is a teeeeny bit hacky js

Corrie on March 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

love it! i agree very slick and modern! perfect!

corrie:)

Christie on March 1, 2011 at 9:12 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love the new header Liss - although I'll miss the pic of your lovely frills!

Danielle on March 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I took one look and knew who was behind the design - love our Nisha! Looks brilliant Liss and I have signed up for the email - yay!!! And love that you can print the recipes

Liss on March 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Daniellehahaha! So funny you say that...maybe she's rubbing off on me? The only suggestion that Nisha made was to tidy up my fonts and do the inspiration board, I did/found everything else.. except for the print-friendly stuff - our lovely Di did that!

Nisha on March 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Danielle - i cant take any credit for the face-lift. I only suggested some minor 'spring-cleaning' and suggested an inspiration board and off she went!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015