Thursday, March 17

May the luck of the Irish shine on you today! St Patrick's Day recipes and fun ideas!


How cute (and easy) is THIS? (from Martha Stewart)

Here's a lunch idea for you...


If you feel like baking this afternoon - here's the easiest bread on the planet to make.
No yeast. No kneading. No worries!

You've still got time to get this on the slow cooker - got some Guinness handy?
You can speed it up by putting it in a lidded casserole or casserole with tight fitting foil for 2 1/2 hours too.

Then chase it up by adding 3 tb Bailey's Irish Cream to these beautiful (and easy-peasy) chocolate Mousses...  what do you say?

My heritage is Irish - so I feel the need to mark the day somehow... I used to do my bit and get drunk at the pub - these days I have a Guinness at home and make soda bread.

What about you?


Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

greenfumb on March 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

My heritage is Oirish too so I wore my only green piece of clothing, will make some soda bread and have a Baileys, never got to grips with the taste of Guiness.

I even used to work at the Guiness Brewery in London where it was free but still couldn't stomach it - what a waste eh!

ginchyworld on March 17, 2011 at 7:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I've a penchant for making chocolate guiness cake for St Patrick's Day.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015