Monday, March 14

Lunchbox Legends: Sugar-free apricot yoghurt slice



It really doesn't get much easier or quicker than this.  I made this quickly last week when I was feeling poorly and low on lunchbox treats.  Takes about 5 minutes to get in the oven...  so if you're got a lot on today or you're not feeling the best, give them a go - and you feel good and you feel like baking - you should give them a go aswell!

Those of you watching the waistlines and their sugar intake will love this recipe too.

Here's to a great start to the week all!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups wholemeal self raising flour (or plain wholemeal flour with 1 tsp bicarb soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
150g dried apricots, diced
1 1/4 cups vanilla or apricot yoghurt
1 egg
1/4 cup apricot nectar
2 tb olive oil

Method: 
Preheat oven to 160 degrees c

Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix well

Pour into 20x20cm (or small slice) tin sprayed with canola oil

Bake for 45 minutes - use a skewer method to check if it is ready

Leave to cool for five minutes, then turn out cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months.

mmm delicious!

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Super Sarah on March 14, 2011 at 9:05 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

The ingredients are on my list for this week, this looks delicious and I am hoping my girls will like it!

Corrie on March 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

yum, that is definitely doable on my diet! thanks for sharing! looks delicious and will be good in the lunchbox too. I'm trying to get back in the swing of making morning tea for keira and it was blueberry pikelets today so I'm sure she'll love this one

corrie;)

Debbie de Medici said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I really love this one. So easy to make with my little one by my side.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015