Saturday, July 2

Food adventure: Ready, Steady Cook day!


On Thursday four lovely frills readers and I met up for a day of fun thanks to Breville and Ready Steady Cook.  It was almost like a blind date describing and texting to each other what we were wearing...  I made the mistake of walking up to a lady and saying 'Nicole?'  which she wasn't - and let me say the reception was not warm!

Eventually I did meet Nicole and Cathy and didn't even make the connection that I had met Keren until I saw her lovely face! (we met on the Ikea family challenge last year) Shell and I are old mates and foodie comrades, we've had many food adventures together including last years Good Food and Wine Show and she used to be my 'plastic cult leader' (tupperware lady)!

Before long we were all very chatty, and there was no awkwardness at all (I always say I have the loveliest readers!) and also met up with my fellow blogger Christie and Roberta from Breville and another reader Jo.

I'd seen the show before some years ago when Peter Everett was hosting, but it had a different vibe this time - the warm up guy Steve was great and Colin brings a wackiness that isn't as in your face - you do clap a lot but the vibe is good.

At the end of the first episode (we were there for the taping of two episodes) Christie and I and the Breville team got to have a taste of the food - and I'm mighty impressed that Matt Golinsky managed to make flatbread AND carrot and cumin dip in 10 minutes.  I must give that a try.

I also had a play with the Scraper Mixer Pro - a bit like a kitchenaid but with a beater blade included and a dial speed setting and a timer.  It's pretty solid and comes with a dough hook and you can buy an icecream bowl attachment too.  Good alternative to a Kitchenaid I think and they come in 22 colours - I had no idea!
The other chef for the day was Alistair McLeod and poor bloke couldn't catch a break - I don't think he won a vote all day - but both chefs made delicious smelling food and inspired me to cook a few things at home - and that's the name of the game isn't it?

Shell, Keren, Liss, Nicole and Cathy
The day was fun and well worth thinking about going to see if only just to see how it's done. You can register to be an audience member by emailing them here - it's taped in Sydney.
Print this post in friendly format

5 lovely comments:

Jo on July 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yes it was lots of fun! I am definitely going to try the flatbread, I came home and told my little masterchefs how easy it was. It was lovely to meet you too.

Diminishing Lucy on July 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love Colin. He's a spunk.

I was a part of a live audience for the inaugral episode of Ready Steady Cook back in 1994 in the UK, when it was hosted by Fern Britton - it was a hoot!

Glad you all had a good time!

Anorina @SameliasMum on July 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Sounds like a fun day! Love watching Ready, Steady, Cook.

Corrie on July 5, 2011 at 8:55 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

heard all about it on saturday and didn't realise the new host! can I say you were right - I am loving that mixer and in pink! oh my goodness I want one it's so cute!

corrie;)

Maryandlil on July 6, 2011 at 6:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

bhaha! look at me! it was fun. great to meet a lovely bunch of women x


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015