Saturday, March 17

These boots...


are not only made for walking, they're making mummy realise how much her frills are growing up!

Last year I promised faithfully this winter my girls could have some knee-high boots.    A promise is a promise but waaaah they are so grown up in them!

My big girl Eloise is now seven going on seventeen.     I can't believe how big she is now and the things she comes out with!  'Mum, when can I walk home from school by myself?' "Mum, I need an iPhone'  I'm not ready!!


Laura is still her cheeky hilarious first but she also has her devious side...and she certainly lives up to the reputation those fiery red-heads have -but she is always kind and quick with a compliment and makes friends easily - socially I never have to worry about Laura... what a poser!
 And my little sensitive one, Olivia - though these days these boots could be mistaken for bossy boots, she  is getting a bit bossy especially at home.  She likes it the way she likes it, and I have to say she gets that from me... so I totally understand her need to be in control!  That said she does have the sweetest side and is very empathetic and sensitive to others..such a sweetheart.

As they say, they grow up too fast!
Print this post in friendly format

16 lovely comments:

Deb on March 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

LOVE those boots. Where did you get them?

Liss on March 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

They are patent leather - they are gumboot brand - we got them from Myer :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hi Liss, I can't believe how grown up the girls are. Where does the time go. Mitch and Hayley are both in high school now and Kev is 4 this year. Thye all grow up way too fast. Hope you all are well.

Liss on March 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@kimt Whoah! We are getting OLD Kim! <3 We are great, crazy-busy but you know me, I don't ever slow down ;>)

Nikki @ Styling You on March 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I want those boots! ADORABLE x

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

wow i didn't get a pair of "CFM" boots until I was in my 20's when i could buy them for myself... my mum would never have let me out of the house looking like that at that age

Liss on March 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Anonymous Umm 'anonymous' (what a surprise you are a gutless anonymous!) I would hardly call them 'cfm' boot, they are knee-high boots and I believe that I had a pair myself in olive green in '70's! *my* mother would never have dressed me in the mid-drift and mini-skirts so many girls get around in today and neither do I - I buy about 95% of my kids clothes from US brands because they are dressing girls like girls, not hookers - so I think you have picked the wrong household here to start casting aspersions upon!

Sam-O on March 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Anon - really? Too sad that you fell like that.

I loved my first pair of knee high boots so much that remember them very well 30+ years on! I am such a boot fan. I get excited every year to see what styles are in this year.

I have a friend who's partner wont let her wear boots. Apparently he like anon, has issues. The thing that amazes me is that my friend goes along with it.

Phenomenal Woman on March 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

"cfm" boots? Really? I find it really disturbing that your mind would even go there when the boots are being worn by children. Nothing about that picture says "cfm". Liss, they look gorgeous, such little ladies :D

Katie on March 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

OMG! Anon - so sad that you look at little girls and go straight to THAT place! These girls are gorgeous and dressed like real little girls not Barbie dolls...I feel sorry for you or any children that you have/had. I feel I have to comment because you have offended me with your comment because it lacks depth or any real knowledge of this gorgeous family, however I usually live by "If you don't have something nice/constructive to say then don't say anything at all." Anonimity and the fact that you are commenting in the virtual realm is a weak and poor excuse to lack respect for others. Your comment speaks more about you and your issues with body, self and sex than it does about this lovely family. The fact that you call the CFM boots in the first place...wow!

Farm Mum on March 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farm Mum on March 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farm Mum on March 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Very cute. Love Eloise's dress too, very sweet.

Farm Mum on March 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I was in the shoe shop a few years ago buying my girls some flowergirl shoes. The lady before me was telling the sales lady how they shouldn't be selling shoes with little heels as they made the kids look like hookers. When the sales lady moved on to serve me, the customer was still standing there glaring, and my girls of course were wanting those same shoes so I asked if we could have two pairs of the little hooker shoes please. Sales lady nearly wet herself laughing. It's not like my girls are ever wearing high heels, micro mini's and a boob tube....

Island Mama on March 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Anonymous... really? Wow, that comment says far more about you than it does about how Liss' family dress. I've known Liss (online, I'll admit) for quite a few years now - since before Eloise was born, in fact - and your comment is completely the opposite of who she is and how she thinks.

Liss, I'd better not show this post to Miss B... not only will she be begging for boots (although I probably will get her some for winter) she'll also be begging me for all three outfits that the frills are wearing. Hey, the girl has taste. :)

Diminishing Lucy on March 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

They are sensational. My Olivia and Lexie will be SO jealous. I love those boots!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015