Friday, July 8

Make it this weekend: ham cheese and tomato croissant bake - plus my plans this weekend



Aaaah.  Hello Friday.  It's nice to see you again.

It's been a big week.  I've returned to work - it's been interesting a bit of information overload.  It's been school holidays.  I'm looking forward to cooking over the weekend, I feel a bit of bread/dough/pastry therapy coming on...

I'm also going to catch up with some family for my birthday.  Other than that no exact plans which I'm more than happy about - I plan on getting some sleep. I hope.  I'm also hoping this finds its way onto the weekend menu (hint hint) and it's not only great for a brunch but just as breakfast.  It looks as thought I've overcooked it a bit but I like it like this.

Super easy - and delicious!  This is the ultimate cheats Sunday breakfast I think!


Ingredients:   (serves 5-6 people)
8 mini croissants, sliced
100gr honey baked ham, sliced and roughly diced
75g tasty cheese, grated
12 cherry tomatoes
4 eggs, lightly whisked
1/2 cup milk

Method:
Preheat oven to 190 degrees c

Arrange your croissant slices so it's a bit 'jumbled in a greased oven proof tin.

Toss in your ham, cheese and tomato, and ensure it's kind of evenly distributed...  whisk the eggs into the milk

Pour over the croissants, sprinkle some salt and popper over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Cut into slices and serve!
What have you got plans to do this weekend?

Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015