Wednesday, August 3

Sunshine



This morning after a busy week last week and an even busier weekend away from my frills I finally had that little lie in I've been craving for... one by one my frills came into bed with me, told me about their day (I didn't see them before bed last night) and I squeezed them so tight.  I've missed them so much.

Laura jumped in and said 'Mum, I've really been missing the hugs and kisses the most'
'Me too!' I replied: 'Come and have some with me!'

So I kissed her, pretty much smothered her in kisses clearly overwhelming her : 'Mum, that's enough kisses, maybe we should stick to some cuddles now'  I burst out laughing.

She hopped into bed, and wrapped her arms around my neck and snuggled in. I breathed it all in, I felt so happy.  I looked at her adorable face, she looked so happy and almost relieved... she said "mum, can you sing to me'.  This is an unusual request because I usually sing to them when they are sick or upset - she clearly needed reassurance and comfort. So I began to sing a song that just sprang to mind, it was really what my heart was feeling.

'You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey'

I felt choked up and struggled to get through the next bit:
'You'll never know dear,
How much I love you'

By now I had tears steaming down my face. I miss my little girls so much.
'Please don't take my sunshine away'.

She smiled.  She hugged me tighter.  Clearly she was moved by the situation too.
'Mum, nice song, can you change the 'take my sunshine away bit' for 'We always have fun together?'.

This kid is a gem.  Guaranteed every day to make me laugh.  Guaranteed.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Tatum on August 3, 2011 at 9:18 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

sounds blissful...those morning cuddles are just the best. I never sing that song to the kids precisely because of that line, makes me too sad ;) have a lovely sunshiny day. tatum xx

BabyMac on August 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

So now I'M choking up too. Thanks Liss! Beautiful x

Neets on August 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Funny - this morning I enjoyed a lie in and a snuggle with my two boys as I'd been away for two days for work and I had missed them so much. I love mornings, they are the best cuddles x


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015