Friday, August 26

Quick and Healthy: Ten minute beef tortilla



I've had a craving for these for oh-so-long.  I make this quite simplified and healthier version of a quesadilla - it takes no time and it's a great lunch or even an easy-peasy-can't-be-bothered-dinner.  You can mix up your ingredients - used diced chicken thighs or even turkey mince if you like.... or even drained tinned tuna or salmon.  I like to use corn tortilla but again, if you want, use another flatbread, you can.  Get creative, involve the kids, make an assembly line - make it a Friday night fun feast!

Enjoy!

Ingredients: (per tortilla stack)
2 corn tortillas
1/2 cup lean minced beef
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1 medium tomato, diced
1 stalk continental parsley, roughly chopped



Method:
Heat up a frypan around the size of your tortilla to a medium heat.   Add your beef and sprinkle the paprika and a tsp water, mix it around until beef is completely brown.  Move beef into a bowl and set aside.

Place your first tortilla in the frypan, and turn down to medium-low heat setting..

Sprinkle 1/2 of grated cheese on the bottom, then layer your beef. Add the rest of cheese on top.

Pile your tomato and parsley on top.

Place your other tortilla on top,  With a egg flip, place underneath the bottom tortilla and flip over.

Put some pressure on top of your tortilla - you can do this by pressing down with your hand or your egg flip or you could get really 'technical' or 'lazy' and cover a small brick in 2 layers of aluminium foil and put that on top for about 3-4 minutes.

Then transfer across to cutting board and cut in quarters.

Feel virtuous and try to stop at one....

Have a lovely weekend all - what have you got planned?


Print this post in friendly format

7 lovely comments:

Amy on August 26, 2011 at 7:47 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

YUM!

Except you see that part when I am supposed to flip it... Well I can see myself spilling the filling everywhere!

Ags on August 26, 2011 at 11:51 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks yummy and easy to make,may try it.

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Your blog always makes me very very hungry! Thanks a ton for all these yummy posts!
Create, Collaborate, Publish

Dmarie on August 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

hey, I'd not thought to use my press on quesadillas...thanks for this post! and congrats on being named a Blog of Note!

commoncents on August 27, 2011 at 11:08 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen a Blog of Note! I'm glad I found your blog!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella on August 28, 2011 at 10:02 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I love tortillas for a quick dinner too! Now you've got me craving them :P

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Looks amazing! I love how you suggest so many different meat alternatives. Thanks for the step by step pictures- now I will see what it's really supposed to look like when I cook!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015