Tuesday, February 23

Make it from Scratch Carnival #156 - last one here!


Some changes afoot over at the Make it from Scratch Carnival!

Sad news, is I won't be hosting the carnival here at Frills in the Hills anymore.


Good News: From April, the MIFS carnival will take place at Make it From Scratch HQ - it will be more immediate and helpful to all!
Even Better News:  I have been asked to become a regular contributor over at Make it From Scratch, so if you're not a follower already, off you go!  I'll be contributing every first Tuesday of the month at minimum!  See you over there!

Now, without any further ado - here is this weeks' carnival!





For those of you in Australia, we call them Spicy Fruit Rolls, but in the States, they're called Fig Newtons - So... here's the recipe to make your own!  How cool is that?  Thank you so much to Kristen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.
Can someone say *drool* ?  Look at these Maple Pecan Oatmeal Scones with Maple Glaze! If you want the recipe, I think you better head over to Farmers' Daughter ASAP.  oh my!

You know over here in Australia, Turkey is mostly really consumed as a packaged good to eat on Sandwiches!  When I read posts quite regularly using turkey meat I asumme it must be as easy to come by like our beef mince.  And looking at this recipe, I'd say you could substitute here.    Sooo.. with that in mind I want everyone to head over to The Family Balance Sheet and see the very colourful and yummy looking Turkey Cornbread Pot Pie
What an ingenious little ditty from Heather over at Marine Corps Nomads - Hot Cheesy Chicken Dip! Think this is one I'm going to file away for a gathering in the colder months here - using leftover BBQ chicken I think!

This one is going on my to try list definitely I love Sicilian food! Thanks to Make my own Luck - Sicilian Beef Soup -apparently it got her family through the blizzard... and what a way to do it, it's like you can smell it off the page! 
Ever wanted to make cornbread from scratch?  I haven't done this before but I think I'm going to tive it a whirl thanks to Tiffany from The Crafty Homemaker - check it out!


On a tight budget?  Angie over at Annie's home shares a Frugal Chicken Casserole Recipe she recently discovered that cost her five dollars to make - that's cheap!

Jenn presents How to Make Birthday Cake Petit Fours posted at Frugal Front Porch.   Aren't they colourful?  Easy too!







Nom nom nom. Kristen shares a recipe for Tres Leche at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen - check it out!



Oh I love this submission!  Jaclyn from The Late Afternoon shows us a fabulous way to adorn anything from Easter Baskets to birthday gifts with these beautiful flowers!  I want to give this ago!


Here incredibly clever Recycle Cindy goes again!  She has made from a recycled t-shirt no less, a crochet baby bib!  How incredibly clever AND cute!

Ever heard of Dakota Britches?  Not me!  Now I've had an education on a cute way to give dishcloth gifts to friends thanks to The Lighter Side!


Love this too - at 19 and still alive - Niner shows us how to Make your own French Noticeboard - just as an aside, I have made two very similar to those which I put my little frills' embarrassing amount of hair clips on!  This is easy and stylish and extremely satisfying project!


If you've got a couple of drab upholstered dining chairs or any upholstered cushions - this could inspire you!  At 11th Heaven Homemaking Haven you can find out step-by-step how to re-upholster cushions!



Asthma friendly home-made fabric softener anyone?  Head on over to Savvy Brown to learn how to make your own!


Selina over at Tips and Snippets has submitted a great post this week - How to make your own airfreshner.  Thinking about it - buying this at the supermarket is expensive - she shows us lots of different types for many purposes.  Well worth a looksee!

Eugene presents How To Make Your Own Laundry Soap At Home posted at How to Make You Own Soap.



Savvy Brown has been busy this week!  Now head over if you could use a quick and easy homemade facial scrub - tempted myself actually.....






Now that's it for this week at the Make it from Scratch Carnival - and let's make it this one go off with a bang by sharing with your friends, family and those lovely little social network buttons below like facebook, stumbleupon and twitter!  More traffic to share these wonderful submissions!

Well that's it!  Thanks to Stephanie over at Make it from Scratch for the opportunity to host, and for the new gig as contributor -stay tuned over at the Make it from Scratch HQ for how to submit for the next Make it from Scratch Carnival!
Print this post in friendly format

8 lovely comments:

Stephanie Appleton on February 23, 2010 at 9:53 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Reading through the carnival before dinner is always a mistake. I am starving now! :)

Farmer's Daughter on February 23, 2010 at 10:56 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm so happy I found you all and participated! :)

Abbie

Rina on February 23, 2010 at 6:10 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Yay!! I'm a contributor too - can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Family Balance Sheet on February 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

thanks for hosting and including my recipe.

Jillian K. on February 24, 2010 at 1:58 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thanks for hosting, and for your kind words. I look forward to seeing what you post over at Make It From Scratch.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads on February 24, 2010 at 6:51 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thank you for hosting and including me this week. I'll be spreading the word that the carnival is up. (I'm also following your blog via gfc now.)

Jaclyn on February 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thanks for hosting this carnival and thanks for posting my paper flowers how-to!

Looking forward to participating more!

Jenn on February 26, 2010 at 4:37 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Great job and thanks for including my petit fours! I will have to try some of those other recipes! They look mmm good. Looking forward to seeing you at MIFS.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015