Monday, February 16

Back to the trenches...


It felt good to be a productive money-earning member of society again today even though it meant I had to brush my hair and wear make-up! Working in an area I would exactly call my area of expertise, but it's good to learn, but it's a bit of baptism-by-fire. I have to write specifications like I know it inside-out... gotta love that steep learning curve! (I do actually!)

Anyhoo the other feel-good parts of the day:
-Sitting next to my friend and colleague who I enjoy working with immensely

-Trying new places to have lunch* This is Laksa from the Dixon Centre.. actually they gave me some coconut sago as an accompanyment and I must say I thought that was much better! I hate it when Seafood Laksa has 3 prawns in it and the rest is fish balls/calamari.
*not that I intend to eat out really, just a once off treat for now..

Didn't really enjoy the commute home, especially when my ipod ran out of charge about half-way home... and the woman next to me was sniffling constantly.. you know that sniff where you want to say 'blow your FREAKING nose would you!!??'.

So life's a treadmill of time-management again - pleased to report my undercover washing was dry when I got home and we're slowly catching up on the black hole of washing from these rainy days.
Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

mummabee on February 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh God that sniffing thing drives me nuts. I am that person that actually does say "Blow your nose for crying out loud!!"....or, if I'm in a good mood - hand them a tissue with a really condescending look....lol

Katy on February 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Glad your first day went well!! It would be nice to have a transporter so you didn't have to commute and put up with commuters!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015