Saturday, February 28

When size matters?


Today we had to do some errands and found ourselves agreeing to the pleas of our three obviously-successful-target-of-mega-marketing children to go to McDonalds. Now a disclaimer here, we hardly ever go to Mickey-Dees' usually when on holidays perhaps.. anyways..

I look in my trusty Entertainment book and we've got a voucher for buy one big mac, get one free. My recollections of the Big Mac stem from a teen/early twenties when we'd have them before going to a movie etc and a cash-strapped-students there's little else to afford. I remember them being pretty filling and not-too-bad so I ask my hubby whether he'd like to partake in the buy-one-get-one free deal.. he agrees.

I go back to the seat and then my burger arrives. Is this the big Mac I remember or a kiddies' version? It seems awfully small. Surely this is the "Small Mac"? Where's the "Big" Mac? I'm sure I can remember holding it with my two hands and it *just* fitting, now it seems it could fit in the palm of my hand! It's $5.50 or something (I don't remember!) hmmmm pay same/more -get less... Good ol' Maccas....harrumph.

Then just looking on Wikipedia to see if there has been a change in size perhaps we USED to have a standard Big Mac size the same as the US? Theirs is 214grams and ours is 202gr? That doesn't seem like much, however there is a 170gram calorie difference for that 12 grams. eeek. Wish I hadn't looked that up...

Print this post in friendly format

2 lovely comments:

Jaime on February 28, 2009 at 6:11 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I'm with you on this, the burgers do seem smaller. I don't eat it, but Steve does. I remember not being able to get my hands around the burgers too.
No problem now.

Elisa on February 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

EVERYTHING at Maccas is smaller these days except for those ginormous soft drinks. Cheats.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015