Sunday, February 22

Why I have dirty hair...


This is not a dramatization.
This actually happened this morning whilst taking a shower. Well trying.

get into shower, wet self, close eyes
(door opens)
E: Mummy, what are you doing?
M: I'm taking a shower like I told you, please stay in the loungeroom like I asked you to - bye
E: Bye mum
(shuts door)
10 seconds...
(door opens)
O: Mummy, I really want to wear a headband today.
M: Your hair is done and I'm having a shower right now, I'll talk about it when I'm dressed
O: Ok Mum, bye
(closes door)
5 seconds
(door opens)
L: Mummmmeeee, I miss you. I stay here.
M: Laura, Mummy misses you too, but I need to have a shower, can I have a cuddle when I'm dressed
L: Sure Mum! Bye!
(closes door)
25 seconds
(door opens)
O: Mummy, when are we making muffins?
M: (getting irritated that hubby is in bed and can probably hear this!) When I'm OUT of the shower
O: You getting out of the shower now Mummy?
M: No, please go in the loungeroom before I get cross
O: Oh, but I want to make muffins!
M: (irritated) Olivia, PLEASE go in the loungeroom
(closes door)
15 seconds
(door opens)
E: Olivia says we're making muffins when you're dressed, are we Mummy?
M: Not if you don't go into the loungeroom and everyone leaves me in peace to wash my hair
E: (whingy tone) ohhh Okkk mummy
(closes door)
25 seconds
(door opens)
L: Mummy, I'm hungry (this is less than an hour after we have finished pancakes and cereal for breakfast)

I gave up. Greasy hair until 8.30pm tonight.
Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Kat on February 22, 2009 at 2:49 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

lol you poor thing, I kick Andrew out of bed to watch the kids when I have a shower :)

Raelene on February 22, 2009 at 4:24 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I can totally relate! The only reason I drag myself out of bed early on Monday morning is so that I can shower in peace before the gremlins wake up!

Katy on February 23, 2009 at 10:30 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh to have a shower in peace and quiet........ for as LONG as you want............ Those were the days!!


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015