Friday, February 20

Work imitating life....


Whilst on my job hunt in this past three months I’ve come across so many automated application responses and recently when I’ve been applying for roles that I’m over-qualified for, I’ve been getting those ‘You have not been successful in proceeding to the next stage of the recruitment process’ letters too. Ho-hum.

Now in my current short-term contract role I find myself writing functional specifications for a system to produce such letters. It’s depressing analysing all the different types of letters for ineligibility, rejection, withdrawal of application and then physically fleshing out how they will work/appear/worded - to be sent top people , just like me.

Oh well, I’m moving on to letters of offer and-the-like soon…. Hopefully in my real life soon too!

Print this post in friendly format

3 lovely comments:

Katy on February 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Glad you can get the yucky stuff out of the way before you get to the good stuff (HUG)

Elisa on February 20, 2009 at 4:58 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh, I hope that letter typing turns prophetic Liss!

Chantilly Bowtique on February 21, 2009 at 7:49 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Hey Liss! I recognised your face from i-do! Thanks for following my blog. Through you now I've found a bunch of the i-do'ers.
Your girls are adorable. Cannot believe how big they are now.
Chantelle xo


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015