Tuesday, February 17

Clock on.. clock off


There's something about old clock towers I love. On my travels to and from work I pass two of my favourites.

This one at North Sydney Post office. My first ever 'real' job was as a trainee travel consultant at Milsons Point. I used to get off the bus from Manly at North Sydney and pick up the mail enroute to the office... I felt like I had *such* responsibility! I've spent a lot of my career since in North Sydney and Milsons Point and I never get sick of looking at it. This was this morning on my way to work - after leaving hubby to drop the kids off at Kindy - Time 7.25am

And then there's good ol' Sydney Town Hall clock. Some years ago I worked in the high-rise right behind it, Town Hall House and I was lucky enough to have my office at the corner directly overlooking the clock, it was like my desk clock for a couple of years. The architecture of Town Hall is beautiful, it's seen some history, that's for sure! This was catching Bus No.2 on the way home from the Queen Victoria Building (on left of picture) - Time 5.05pm.
Print this post in friendly format

1 lovely comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} on February 18, 2009 at 6:13 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Having spend some time in those two areas I have to say that I have never noticed the Clock Towers.

I read a book once that said people in Sydney never look up. How true in my case! I'm missing out. x


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015