Friday, February 25

Quickie afternoon tea - raspberry and almond tea cake


I am the type of person who always has a few things on the go at once.   Like when we watch TV together I am usually cooking, putering or doing something else aswell.  Even if it's the show I've been looking forward to for aaaages once the ads come on - you don't see me for dust.  I'm fiddling in the kitchen, putting a load of washing on, sending a quick email.

My hubby says 'did you see that ad?' I say 'no' and then in car: 'it's like that ad on TV'.

I am a marketers worst nightmare.

I am the same with newspapers, radio and magazines.  But I've noticed magazines are getting sneaky.  They are doing advertorials that look like editorials (ahem that's why they're adverTORIALS I suppose!).    And there's no 'over to you Moira' either.  It looks sleek and it's pretty crafty and well it's working because - the person who was almost impossible to be marketed to - is getting sucked in.

Me.

This recipe is from an advertorial people!  Good Taste Magazine has so many great recipes every month it feels a bit mean to be showcasing an advertorial from their magazine - but this was irresistible to me because it was simple,quick and beautiful.  

But I did get my own back, I didn't use any of the marketed product - multix baking paper - oops.


Ingredients:
2 tb butter or margarine, at room temperature (50g)
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup plain flour,sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup frozen raspberries (I think it would work well with cherries or blueberries too)
1/4 cup flaked almonds


Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees c
Cream butter and sugar until smooth, add eggs and mix well.

Add flour baking powder and salt, and again, mix until lovely and smooth.  Then stir in your raspberries. 


 Pour into a greased tin and sprinkle flaked almonds on top and bake for 30 minutes.

Cool for five minutes before turning out and serving!



Print this post in friendly format

4 lovely comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

ahh now that is an ad you should listen to... that baking paper is genius... GENIUS... it has changed my life... i bake with it, roast potatoes on it (cause you need very little oil and it doesn't stick) cook my pizzas on the webber on it... gosh i use it for everything... the cheaper supermarket brand is good as well... they wouldn't have to pay me to say that product because i think it's one of the best things a kitchen can have :)
amy

Liss on February 25, 2011 at 11:23 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Amy I do have it and use it (and love it) it is my baking paper of choice - I love how you can dispense it with a cutter too! I just was lazy with a ring tin ;)

Christie on February 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

haha that is funny, I made some goodies at Christmas time from an advertorial too. Everyone wanted the recipe and I was kinda embarrassed to admit it was from an ad!!

sarah @ For the Love of Food on February 25, 2011 at 4:43 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Love the look of this one - I have bookmarked it for tomorrow when I will be making muffins etc. I'm often surprised how good the recipes are from those advert/promo pages these days.


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015