Wednesday, February 2

My heart's in a cyclone



My little ones are off to school tomorrow and it just doesn't seem like I've had long enough with them - I'm sure this happens with most parents - I had my first baby only 6.5 years ago and already I'm saying goodbye to number 2 and 3.  It's gone so fast.

I had a moment of self-doubt yesterday with our decision to separate the girls in different classes (that's right for them but circumstances at school changed) so I found myself even more emotional than expected (off the Richter scale) also throw into that mix having to have Eloise's class changed - which I 100% believe is the right decision for her - it's not easy putting your hand up to advocate for your child.  Especially when you know you're in an emotional state already.

All this heat and my family in Cairns with cyclones approaching hasn't made for a relaxing 24 hours but I've only got just about another 24 hours left until my babies are getting ready for school and the cyclone is due to hit.   In more ways than one.   Please be thinking of me tomorrow on both counts - my babies starting school and the safety of my Mum, Dad, Sister, Brother-in-law and nieces as well as good friends in Cairns.  My sister and her family have been officially evacuated and their house is shut up and everything tied down.  They are at slightly higher ground and slightly inland at my parent's house.  I pray they are all OK.

It's not often I 'pour my heart' out as it were.  I am so thankful to my family and friends at times like these and you - my lovely readers who when I pop onto facebook and twitter and see your lovely messages here really lift my spirits.  Thank you so much.
[image]

Print this post in friendly format

13 lovely comments:

BabyMac on February 2, 2011 at 6:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss! Hang in there - I am sure the next few days will be tough but you will (and others) will come through the other side OK.

Thinking of you through all the changes x

Corrie on February 2, 2011 at 6:45 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

oh man I can't believe the cyclone!!!! school was wonderful for keira and I know your twins will love it!

good luck, mum

corrie;)

Tammy on February 2, 2011 at 6:59 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thinking of you as your babies go to school... not an easy thing to deal with when it is your "babies" leaving the nest for school.

Also sending my thoughts to you and your family as they prepare to deal with Mother Nature...

Diminishing Lucy on February 2, 2011 at 7:44 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Breath.

Hope all turns out OK. xxx

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thinking of you Liss, i'm sure everything will be ok. I have a friend with twins, and she too decided to split them up at school - it's worked great for them. Your girls will love it :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh Liss thinking of you and yours and sending lots of love. I can only imagine how anxious you are xx

Christie on February 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Oh dear what a rollercoaster! My thoughts are with you Liss x

Natalie on February 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thinking of you here, hoping your family stay safe and that your girls have a wonderful first day. take care xx

Mammamusing on February 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thinking of you Liss!

Christie on February 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Ya know, I'm feeling a bit like you at the moment, so I can completely sympathise and empathise. Soon everything will calm down and all will feel under control again. Til then I'm thinking of ya! xx

Mrs Catch on February 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

I have family in Tully, Cairns and Townsville. There won't be much sleep for us tonight. Prayers for everyone in the North.

Liss on February 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

@Catch the Kids Much love to you - I am up watching the coverage too - my heart is racing and I wasn't joking when I said my heart's in a cyclone. It's getting faster and faster. xxx

Liss on February 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM said... [Reply to this amazing comment]

Thanks everyone - I'm sitting tight and meant what I said - your thoughts and comments are great comfort at a time like this xxx


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015