Thursday, February 3

Spanish Pasta Salad


I don't know about you but I've been feeling like a melting ice-block - complete with stickiness this week.   I cannot be bothered cooking so we've gone out for dinner one night and had BBQ meals the rest of this week.  I like to make a few salads in the early morning (the ones that can be kept) so I don't have to do it when my energy is flagging at the end of the day.  Curried potato salad has done the rounds, risoni salad, tabbouleh and this, my spanish pasta salad.  All can be prepped ahead.  Another good one would be the warm thai beef salad if you don't have time in the morning because you can cook your beef on the BBQ and assemble very quickly.


Salad Contents:  Combine -
4 stalks of rocket, cut up with scissors
250g grape tomatoes, cut in half
4 cups cooked penne (or spiralli)
1/4 red onion, finely diced

1 chorizo sausage, sliced thinly, fried and drained on kitchen paper


Dressing
In a food processor combine say 10 olives with 80g pinenuts and 2 tb olive oil

Mix well and serve - or chill and eat!  Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Print this post in friendly format

0 lovely comments:


 

Frills in the Hills Copyright © 2009-2015